Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Determine input plot from FormatPriceMarker()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Determine input plot from FormatPriceMarker()

I have an indicator that has multiple plots and each may need to be formatted slightly differently for Market Analyzer display. For example, one may be a price and one may simply be a count, or a code to trigger a Market Analyzer condition.

Is there a way to determine which plot is being run through FormatPriceMarker() at any given time? I was hoping the "InputPlot" would help give a selected plot index, but that seems to be always "0".

In my case, I'm using the indicator within Market Analyzer. So, for a given column, there is a selected indicator and selected Plot for that indicator. Perhaps this is exposed somewhere?

For now, my hack is to compare the current plot value to the value passed into FormatPriceMarker() and see if they are the same. If two plots are the same at any point, then this would not work, obviously.

PHP Code:
    if (myPlot1.GetValueAt(CurrentBar) == value) ... 
    Thank you!

Hello neoikon,

Thanks for the post.

I just inquired with our product management team if this is possible in any way. It doesn't seem like it is possible because we're only given a double value to work within FormatPriceMarker(). I will follow up on this thread when I have an answer from product management.

Edit:
    There is no supported way to do per plot formatting. I will add a feature request for this item.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 07-19-2018, 02:01 PM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. If nothing else, I was hoping there was a way to access the column's properties object to determine the context that it's is running under (the Indicator is selected and a particular plot is selected).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno