Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

chartingnot always the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chartingnot always the same

I did following to be displayed in the first screen of the chart:
    1. added Heikin Ashi indicator in screen 1 but removed the wick (transparant)
    2. added second data serie with OHLC settings also for screen 1
    I want to see the OHLC as the Heikin Ashi body is many times hiding the H or L. So I overlayed one on the other.

But what is strange is that sometimes the OHLC is on top of the Heikin Ashi which is what I want (example 2) . And sometimes the OHLC is hidden partially behind the Heikin Ashi which is not good as you don't always see the real range of the quotes. (example 1)
    I checked all the setting for the different charts and they are all 100% identical, yet give other charts.
    Why is the charting switching randomly between the two presentations with identical settings?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-02-24 12_02_35-Window.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.8 KB ID:	1088176Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-02-24 12_02_06-Chart - EURUSD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.8 KB ID:	1088177
    Last edited by marcus2300; 02-24-2020, 05:40 AM.

Hello marcus2300,

Thanks for your post.

You can always re-orient which bar is on top by changing the "z-order" of the bars. Please see " How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object" on this page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rt_objects.htm

Regarding, "Why is the charting switching randomly between the two presentations with identical settings?" Can you provide further specific information? Does it change on a chart by itself at random times? Or does it change when you reload a chart, change an indicator, or when you start up NinjaTrader?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,

each time I am surprized again about the available options of NT8.

I never understood what was causing the "problem". Probably the z score was different between the different charts.

Comment

I checked where the problem came from and it is difficult to find out.
        I tried so many different things that I cannot find the cause.
        Once a chart is made it does not change anymore, but if I make new charts I have in general the problem of Heikin Ashi hiding part of the other indicator.

Probably a result of the way I created the chart:
        • I first created 2 data series, resulting in screen 1 and 2
        • then made a chart with OHLC in the 2 screens
        • Then I added the Heikin Ashi , which resulted in a chart with only Heikin Ashi visible in screen1.
        • The OHLC graph is still in screen 2.
        • Then I moved OHLC with my cursor to screen 1.
        • The result is Heikin on top of OHLC, so opposite of what I wanted.
        • I suppose that Heikin had Z score 1 and moving OHLC to screen 1 gave Z score 2 to OHLC.
        I probably created some charts with the OHLC on top by accident in the numerous attempts I made to get OHLC on top. So I had both versions: OHLC on top and Heikin Ashi on top.
        Last edited by marcus2300; 02-24-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thanks for your reply.

In the case of the bar type, I would suggest starting with the Heiken-Ashi bar first and then the OHLC bar.

Comment

Is there away to put the HLC bar on top of the coloured bloc in Heikin Ashi?
            Z order does not work as it is 1 object and not 2.
            The HLC bar is many times hidden behind the coloured block, so invisible.

In the example many green blocks don't show the entire HLC. You don't see the LOW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-10 08_56_47-Window.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1117711

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thanks for your post.

As a test I used 1-minute Heiken-Ashi bars and then 1-minute bars set to the chart style of OHLC and chose the mode of HiLo and set the colors for these bars to help differentiate them. I am able to click on either bar set and move them front to back as needed.

Here is a short video: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...NV8xNDYzMzE4Mg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post FrancisMorro  
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses