Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator is inactive in MarketAnalyzer tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator is inactive in MarketAnalyzer tabs

I have several tabs in MarketAnalyzer Window. In each tab I have same indicator attached.

However, only when I switch to the spefic tab, only after that I see indicator does an action (i have custom action coded in indicator).

What could be the reason? the property IsSuspendedWhileInactive is set to false in indicator.
    Any thoughs?
    Last edited by ttodua; 02-26-2020, 03:40 AM.

Hello ttodua,

There was a new release yesterday. Before continuing be sure you are using 8.0.21.0.

I was not able to reproduce this behavior.

Attached is the test script, below is a link to a video of the test.

May I have you test this on your end following the same steps in the video and let me know if you get different behavior?
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ChelseaB , many thanks for nice support.
      Finally I've found that my indicators had saved state of "setdefaults" -as you know, even if you change some code in "setdefaults" state and just refresh F5 chart/MA window, it still would have the first initialized values of "setdefaults" of the moment when it was first time attached to window.
      So, after after re-compiling with `IsSupendedwhileInactive=false", I've removed the indicator and re-attached it to window, and it seemed to work as intended.
      THANKS!

Comment

Hello ttodua,

State.SetDefaults is only called when a new instance of the script is created and the defaults values are set. After the user sets the parameters to change the default values, the default values are not set again so the user parameters are not changed back to the default values.

A new instance of the script must be added for the default values to be set.

Comment

ChelseaB.
          I've further tested and found out that there is still issue.
          this smells like some error in NT, because all things are done correctly to be it running even while inactive.
          However, only if i open the NT tab, then starts MarketAnalyzer its work.

Is there anyone that can help with teamviewer? I am running MA on vps server and it can be checked there, or i can send the MA workspace (however, it's running on Daily data and have to leave platform open at least on 1 day to see. it's better to be checked on VPS i think).

btw, can that in any way be related to reason that "display turn off after 15 minutes" feature of Windows?
          Last edited by ttodua; 03-04-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Hello ttodua,

May I confirm you are testing using the example I have posted with the steps in the video?

If so, I'd like to test that script and those steps with you on your end.
            Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email include a link to this forum thread.

Allowing the monitor to turn off is fine. Allow the computer to sleep or hibernate is not, as NinjaTrader will no longer be running.

Comment

ttodua,

I have not seen an email with a link to this forum thread appear in our ticketing system at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
              May I confirm you have sent in a email so that we may schedule a call so I may observe the behavior?

Comment

Hi ChelseaB.
                Many thanks for such accurate support.
                I have a complex project which I havent finished yet.
                I have made another measure (a program that restarts NT in every 2 hour) so, the "inactivity" problem was fixed that way.
                I have to confirm/compare if your script behave differently, and when i will do i will let you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB