Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Request to convert attached NT 7 AaLaguerreMA to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to convert attached NT 7 AaLaguerreMA to NT8

Would any kind soul be able and willing to convert attached indicator to NT8?
    I'm particularly interested in the background flooding.
    Thanks very much.

Hello radist,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator you have attached is in a DLL format. In order for a conversion to be possible, the source code will be needed. You can ask the developer for the source code if they are willing to release it.

If you can get the source code, feel free to post back here. Our Scripting team may approve the conversion if resources allow, otherwise another community member could consider converting the script.

As another option NinjaScript Consulting services can be utilized to have an indicator created that performs the same tasks. If that interests you, please let us know.

For the thread's reference our Code Breaking Changes page of the Help Guide can be used as a guide for converting scripts.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim,
      Thank you for your response. I will ask the original source for the code but I am not optimistic. I had a fabulous Guppy Multiple Moving Average indicator with background flooding that kept my charts simple clean, but its now gone. Is there any way in the world something like that could be coded for NT8? I have scoped the internet and nothing similar is available for sale. Thanks very much in advance.

Comment

Hello radist,

You may wish to consider using an indicator like the one below, but it would certainly be possible to create an indicator that offers the same functionality as the GMMA indicator.

This is a conversion of the NT7 indicator RMMA ver 2 by member xTrader1 Description (From NT7): This is an implementation of Rainbow Multiple Moving averages . It is much more flexible than an original, posted here a few years ago. It creates automatically a number of plots and their colors, according to input parameters. […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Agreed, that indicator you pointed out is closest but very busy on a chart.
          Is it possible to convert that indicator to background flooding features?
          Thank you.

Comment

Hello radist,

Adding new functionality to existing conversions would exceed what we would offer for complimentary services, but the indicator is open source and changes can be made as you wish.

I am not sure what you are referring to by background flooding features. If you can describe them to me a little further, I can describe how they could be implemented to give you or another person some insight on what that would involve.

Comment

That's fair. Thank you, Jim.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort