Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Correctly convert the indicator for NT7 PiccyBack for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correctly convert the indicator for NT7 PiccyBack for NT8

Greetings!

Please help me to correctly convert the indicator for NT7 PiccyBack for NT8.
    The Converter has converted it for NT8.
    When compiled in NT8, I showed 2 errors, "Class memeber declaration expected" and "The constructors name match the containing type's name". Code CS 1040 and Code CS 1038.

I will be very grateful for the correct conversion.
    Attached Files

Hello Muratello,

Thanks for your post.

The script you have attached uses GDI+ graphics to draw an image and would not work on NinjaTrader 8 even getting past the initial compiler errors you are facing.

I have attached an example that could be used for any community members that would like to create a specific indicator for this task. I've also included information on SharpDX rendering since resource management is another concept to understand when using SharpDX.

If you would like, we could also have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create a script that draws the background image exactly as you would like.

Using SharpDX for chart rendering - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

I'll leave the thread open for a community member to provide this conversion for you if they would like to use the script attached for guidance.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      I have attached an example that could be used for any community members that would like to create a specific indicator for this task. I've also included information on SharpDX rendering since resource management is another concept to understand when using SharpDX.
      Hello NinjaTrader_Jim,

Thanks for the answer.

I do not program, I did not understand your recommendations very well, but still Thank you very much!

There is another option for setting the background of your drawing.
      Now I use the SharpDXHelperWrapper script, which allows you to set the background graphics of the image. It seems that you can make a small script, for which it's just right to remove from the code of SharpDXHelperWrapper everything that is not related to setting the background of the graph. The smaller the script, the easier it will be for the platform to process it.
      But here there is one small drawback - SharpDXHelperWrapper does not allow to display on the Level 1 indicator, which is on the bottom panel. And it is very necessary that the indicator be clearly on Level 1.

It would be nice if it turned out to install their images as the background of the schedule.

Thank you!
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad you made use of my wrapper. It was a pet project and is not exactly supported by NinjaTrader (I can't really recommend using it) but it should make it easier to create simple scripts like you describe.

Your observations are correct though, custom rendering can only be done in the panel owned by the NinjaScript.

Comment

I'm glad you made use of my wrapper. It was a pet project and is not exactly supported by NinjaTrader (I can't really recommend using it) but it should make it easier to create simple scripts like you describe.

Your observations are correct though, custom rendering can only be done in the panel owned by the NinjaScript.
          Let's wait ... I feel that there is a solution all the same.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jim, great work!
            I think there is a way in your SharpDXHelperWrapper to make the necessary settings so that the background was 100% and the controller was also clearly visible on Level1.

Here is the screen, where in the settings set Image1 Opticity = 100%. On the same panel there is an indicator, but it is not visible. Can you make it so that the background would be Image1 Opticity 100% and the indicator on Level1 100%?

Another idea. Add in the settings Images, the ability to select the digit Level for Image. Call, for example, "Image 1 Level", and in its window set the number of the desired Level.

Thank you!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Muratello; 08-22-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Hello Muratello,

That really isn't the purpose of the helper example. This script is to provide a demonstration for using the wrapper. It is not intended to be usable for visual modifications to a chart. Someone could make a script that accomplishes this exact task using the wrapper, or they could use the sample above for further direction.

If you would like someone to code this for you, a NinjaScript Consultant would be able to create this script and any other desired features you would like.

Please let us know if we can be of further help.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jim,
                I understood you.

Thankful.

Comment

Hello!

Idea.

In N8, you can make your own background color of the chart - in the chart settings, select the unnecessary color and insert the code of the desired color.

Maybe there is a way to insert a link to the picture with pc?

In General, it would be great if someone wrote such a script or indicator!

Thank you!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Muratello,

I did some research after another inquiry to ultimately be able to set a background image to the entire Chart Background. I'll include a link for anyone trying to accomplish's reference.

We also have a feature request to be able to set an image for the Chart's background. I'll make sure your interest is tracked with this feature request. SFT-554. We cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment, but we are tracking interest and the ticket ID number will be noted in the help guide when a new build gets released with the feature implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes