Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw objects are not shown when indicator added from strategy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw objects are not shown when indicator added from strategy.

Literally, I am experiencing the same problem as this user.
    I've spent quite a while to read through docs and understand the issue, but still can't make it work.
    Is that bug or what we need to do?

Hello ttodua,

The post you linked is from 2016 and we would need to see what code you used to know if thats related. Could you make a sample that demonstrates what code you used and then post that with any steps needed to see that happen? We can research the problem but we would need the specific details on whats happening as this relates to code.

One note from the other post is that the user did not call the indicator from OnBarUpdate, if the indicator requires State to work that will prevent it from working historically. This is noted in the AddChartIndicator page:

Tip: If you are adding an indicator which is dependent on the correct State of the indicator, you will need to ensure that you are also calling the indicator from the strategy in OnBarUpdate(), otherwise your indicator will only process in State.RealTime for performance optimizations.
    Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse.
      calling "xyz.Update()" in OBU fixed the problem and make the indicator to appear.
      The only thing i wanted and couldnt, was unable to make it work with MBox indicator named MwaveChart. I don't know why it doesnt work with that indi, surely something logic inside that indicator, but how to override - i couldnt find that out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes