Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Share Horizontal price on higher timeframes with lower timeframe of SAME instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iq200
    replied
    Hi Paul!
    Thank-you! I've been looking for this feature for a while and couldnt work out how to do it!
    Regards,
    iq

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PaulH
    replied
    Hello iq200,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you can create what are called global draw objects that will appear on all charts of the same instrument within the workspace. There is even an option to allow global objects to cross workspaces and show on all charts of the same instrument in every workspace.

In the case of a Horizontal line you would use the Horizontal line drawing tool, place the line as you wish, double click the line to see is drawing object properties and change the 'Attach to" to all charts (of the same instrument)selection. As an aside, you can create templates that would allow you to have many configurations (line colors, sizes dashstyle, etc).

To read more about how to do this, please see the help guide section, "Understanding local vs. global drawing objects" on this page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm

On that same link, please also see, "Understanding drawing object properties" and "Understanding Drawing Object templates".

If you want to do this programmatically, that can also be done as the Draw methods have bool parameter for placing the line globally.and alos works well with selected templates.

Leave a comment:

• Share Horizontal price on higher timeframes with lower timeframe of SAME instrument

Hi,
    Is there a way to share horizontal lines with other charts with the same instrument?
    For example I would like to draw horizontal levels on say on the daily and weekly MSFT charts
    and be able for them to automatically appear on the intraday chart so that I can see previous strong support and resistance?
    From what I can see the Ninjatrader 8 platform doesn't support this so can it be done programmatically?
    Does anyone know of a commercial product that can let you dp this?
    Thanks,
    iq

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post funk10101  
Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
11 responses
0 likes