Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to correctly handle (dispose) objects which contains Disposable members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to correctly handle (dispose) objects which contains Disposable members?

For example, say "StrokeStyle" object.

SharpDX.Direct2D1.StrokeStyle mySS = new SharpDX.Direct2D1.StrokeStyle(NinjaTrader.Core.Glo bals.D2DFactory, new SharpDX.Direct2D1.StrokeStyleProperties());

it should be disposed.
    However, when we create i.e. Stroke object:

var myS = new Stroke(..);

this doesnt have dispose, but it contains member (myS.StrokeStyle) which has dispose().

so, my question is, how to correctly handle such cases, when we create i.e. "new Stroke()" in indicators, should we make save them into field (i.e. myStr) and call `myS.StrokeStyle.Dispose()` in OnRenderTargetChanged (as we do with other disposables) ?

​​​​​​​Or we should ignore them?

Hello ttodua,

If the primary object in question does not have a public dispose you generally won't need to dispose of that object or its properties. If you create a StrokeStyle yourself you would need to call dispose for:

Tip: For NinjaScript development purposes, the following documented SharpDX objects require Dispose() after they are used:
    Brush, GeometrySink, GradientStopCollection, LinearGradientBrush, PathGeometry, RadialGradientBrush, SolidColorBrush, StrokeStyle, TextFormat, TextLayout

There are other undocumented SharpDX objects which are NOT included in this reference. Please be careful to dispose of any object (SharpDX or otherwise) which implements the IDisposeable interface - NinjaTrader is NOT guaranteed to dispose of these objects for you!

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks, excellent

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM