Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddDataSeries Trading Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddDataSeries Trading Hours

Greetings,

Running my Indicator on a 30 minute, ES 06-20 chart with Trading Hours Template "CME US Index Futures ETH BGW EOD 315 (1)", I've added 2 Data Series :

AddDataSeries("ES 06-20", new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = BarsPeriodType.Minute, Value = 1}, "CME US Index Futures ETH BGW EOD 315 (1)");

AddDataSeries("ES 06-20", new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType) 6565, Value = 1},"CME US Index Futures RTH BGW Daily-Full Holidays");

The 1 Minute Bars seem to be effected by the RTH Hours Template, "CME US Index Futures RTH BGW Daily-Full Holidays".

Or maybe I'm wrong & something else is going on ?

However, when I added "new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType) 6565, Value = 1})" to the Weekly Bars to get RTH hours, the 1 Minute Bars while "Historical" run during ETH, but when the 1 Minute Bars go to "Realtime" during ETH, they stop, only to catch up and run when RTH begins (the bars not run while "Realtime" ETH all run at once).

I want to get the 1 Minute Bars, running while "Realtime" during ETH, to run during ETH, not storing up to all run when RTH begins.

The 1 Minute Bars ran OK when the Weekly Bars were added using :

AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Week, 1);

But then, that doesn't give Weekly Bars using RTH needed to make correct weekly Pivots.

Thanks for your help,

Bruce

Hello BGWTEX,

Thank you for your post.

As noted in the section of the help guide on AddDataSeries here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...dataseries.htm

"If your NinjaScript object is using AddDataSeries() allowing to specify a tradingHoursName, please keep in mind that: An indicator / strategy with multiple DataSeries of the same instrument will only process realtime OnBarUpdate() calls when a tick occurs in session of the trading hour template of all added series. Any ticks not processed will be queued and processed as a tick comes in for all subsequent DataSeries."

There would not be a supported workaround for this, unfortunately.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    1 response
    0 likes