Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Big Mike Weis Wave Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Mike Weis Wave Indicator

I've recently downloaded Big Mike (Futures.io) Fantastic Weis Wave Indicator. I only use the PriceActionSwingOscillator element. I want to be able to tweak this, so that the wave counting resets when the bar closes in the opposite direction of the prior bar rather than when a pivot high/low is made as it currently does.

I am terrible at coding. Can someone please help me do this?

Thanks in advance
    Swing

Hello Swing123,

Thanks for your post.

Generally, it is a good idea to post the indicator source file and screenshot(s) that illustrate what you are after.

Please note that as a small team we cannot provide coding services.

We can leave this thread open for any forum member that would like to assist you.

If you would like this done for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party providers of programming services from the NinjaTrader ecosystem.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul
      Yes, I appreciate that, at the time, i was not able to find the correct source link and had to log off.

Here is the link to the Indicator.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Being able to make the change i need should be pretty simple for anyone who can code. Is anyone please able to help?
      Thanks in advance
      Swing

Comment

Hello Swing123,

There are a number of third-party NinjaScript programming consultants available through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem. You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Swing123 View Post
          Hi Paul
          Yes, I appreciate that, at the time, i was not able to find the correct source link and had to log off.

Here is the link to the Indicator.

https://futures.io/local_links.php?a...26&linkid=1781

Being able to make the change i need should be pretty simple for anyone who can code. Is anyone please able to help?
          Thanks in advance
          Swing
          First of all, it is not that simple. The PriceActionSwingOscillator is a very complex indicator and is tied to the base PriceSwingIndicator for input (the same package on Futures.IO).

Second, if you do not need the swing highs and lows then all you need is a simple modified volume indicator that would accumulates the volume of all bar(s) in the same direction and plot the value for each bar until a bar closes in the opposite direction then starts a new counting.

This is very easy and probably less than 200 lines of code instead of having to deal with several 1000s of code lines in the PAS indicators that no one will do it for free.

Good Luck!

p.s. By the way, PAS indicator package is written by dorschden, a fine programmer, and is not a "Big Mike Weis Wave Indicator." It was just uploaded by dorschden on Futures.IO (previously BigMike's).
          Last edited by aligator; 06-29-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much for your advice Aligator.

I was not aware that making the change to the WWave indicator was sucha big job. I too had already considered that the same outcome could be achieved by modifiying a standard volume indicator in exactly the same way you mention, but knowing so little about coding i thought this would be more work!

Thanks also for the clarification about the author. Credit where it is due.
            Thanks
            Swing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            6 responses