Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

candlestick pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candlestick pattern

I am trying to set up an alert when a shooting star or hammer happens but I don't see many options. I have it enabled but it comes in as "Low" priority and no sound plays... how do i set it up to play a sound and maybe set the priority higher?

Hello Morton223,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.
    The indicator by default has a low priority alert in its code. You can modify that by making a duplicate of the indicator however there are some additional steps required if you make a copy of the CandleStickPatterns indicator due to the Enum and class it uses. If you would like to do this you can use the following steps:
    1. Right click in the file and choose Save as, give it a new name
    2. In the new file scroll to line 290 and click the plus sign at the left of the editor to collapse the CandleStickPatternLogic class.
    3. Delete the whole CandleStickPatternLogic leaving the curly brace } on line 523.
    4. Scroll to around line 290 or locate the public enum ChartPattern { area and remove the whole enum including the closing } for the enum
    5. Press F5 to compile to test the changes were successful, if not use Control + Z to undo and retry.
    Once you have it compiled you can locate the Alert( syntax in the file and change the Priority.Low to a different priorty and F5 to compile.

The alert should only produce a sound in realtime, are you not hearing the alert plat at all in realtime? Do you have any other alerts configured and can you hear those sounds/ can you hear any sounds in the platform?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am just interested in having it play a sound but that doesn't seem to be an option. i have Trend Lines on my chart as well and it plays a sound and has that as a clear option in the menu. the candlestick patterns don't seem to have that option.

Comment

Hello Morton223,

It looks like this is due to how the alert has the sound path coded, it would need to instead look like the example here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt8/alert.htm

I will report this, for the time being you would need to make a duplicate as I had mentioned and then update the Alert to have the path to the alert sound file.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear
        by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        8 responses