Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Indicator Training Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator Training Course

Is there any videos/article that describes A to Z process of creating Custom Indicators for NT8? And is there any course or book available?

Hi fawzanlim,

I don't know if there is a course out there, but this video goes over the basics. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBYh0p2gOJk
    From there you want to familiarize yourself with C#. This is an objected oriented programming language that NinjaTrader 8 uses. There are numerous courses and tutorials on C#. See https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-c-sharp

Overall just get your hands dirty. NinjaTrader documentation is not the greatest for the advanced tricks however support is very helpful for problems you may run into. Coding itself is trial and error with a lot of Googling. I'd suggest honing your skills in describing problems. Of course, you can explore the indicators that have been included with NinjaTrader 8.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Unsuitable; 10-18-2020, 07:36 PM. Reason: Added precise language
    Unsuitable
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Comment

I would recommend learning C# by watching Mosh Hamedani's videos on Udemi. I think he has a couple free videos on YouTube too. I went through the Beginner through Advanced classes in a couple days and it made going through Ninjascripts a lot easier. Ninjatrader's documentation on the code itself is also very useful once you understand the flow. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also have to give kudos to Ninjacoding.net as he walks through some of his own custom scripts. I would get to know C# in general first and then head on over to Yuri for specific Ninjatrader coding.
      Last edited by Jschmelz; 10-18-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Hello fawzanalim,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I recommend starting with the Strategy Builder 301 and NinjaScript Editor 401 training videos to get started.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript that includes links to these videos.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post andrewtrades  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes