Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

updated opacity from drawtextfixed doesnt change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally, I keep opacity around 15 and not change it, instead i change the full text box with diff box. Broadly I am using 3 text boxes based on conditions, one at a time is required & I don't need any fading. For you if opacity is not working at all then I will suggest you to skip opacity & add transparency, I use it sometimes. Note: Transparency is double range 0 to 1.

Comment

Nevertheless this seems to be a bug.
      As I said opacity starting from 89% works if I decrement it in the indicator.
      Starting from 90 and above it doesn't work.

Comment

Hello wjadevries,

Do you have an updated sample that demonstrates the difference you are describing? I looked at the previous posts and it looks like you previously posted a sample with a loop, do you have something more simple that shows specifically the problem? You mentioned that it seems to be 89%, your saying that its completely solid at 90% or above, is that correct?

I tried using 90% on a text but I can see there is opacity or that I can see the bars Wick behind the color while moving the chart.

One item I did not see was how you are creating your brushes for the other colors, if those use opacity you will need to freeze the brush.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll create a full sample for you, showing the problem.
          At the moment I just start with 89% and reduce opacity from there; then the problem is gone.
          Tomorrow I'll upload a test indicator zip for you.

Comment

Hello wjadevries,

Thanks for the update. Yes with a sample that would make it more clear.

As a side note, when you get to 90% and above it is very difficult to tell there is any opacity, you would need to use a contrasting color like a White wick and Black background to be able to kind of see the line behind the color. Its going to be nearly solid past 90% so its not going to be easy to tell without using specific colors to test for that.

If you need to make it so you can tell there is a difference in opacity always you likely want to exclude the ranges 90 -100 and 0 -10, those ends of the opacity will be hard to tell a difference.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I'll create a test indicator showing opacity changing from initially 100 and 90 to 10 and from initially 89 and lower to 10.
              Then you can see the effect yourself in playback mode (same effect real-time, by the way).

Comment

Hello wjadevries,

Whatever test you come up with please ensure to not make it dynamic like the previous one, try just use one drawing objects and specific values if you want to test this to confirm the opacity works.

I was able to use a single drawing object to test the 90% like the following, you should try something similar in your test:

Code:
                Draw.TextFixed(this, "Test", "TEST", TextPosition.Center, Brushes.White, new SimpleFont(), Brushes.Red, Brushes.Red, 90);
                I can barely see the opacity with 90 but its there, very difficult to tell so a range of 10 - 90 would be best for the visible range.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

It's dynamic, because that's just what the issue was.
                  Here's the opacitytester indicator and a mp4 video showing the issue.
                  The green box starts at 100% and the red box starts at 89%.
                  You can clearly see the green box doesn't change on screen and the red box does.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wjadevries; 10-21-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hello wjadevries,
                    I've placed your script on my chart & find it to be working, attaching some snapshots for reference.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Huh?
                      havent you seen my video?
                      the green 100% is not working with me.
                      what could be the difference?

Comment

Hello,
                        Yes, I've seen your video, since your code works fine for me I am unable to dig into your issue. Maybe you can try some other color with 100% starting point & see the diff. Earlier also I pointed out possibly some graphics issue for you so you have to identify the root cause in your system. Try clearing cache & temp, change color & test. For me its working perfectly fine so I don't see any issues with NT.

Comment

Hello wjadevries,

I just wanted to provide an update. I was able to see one situation where the opacity does not change, I will need to explore this further. Once I have more details I will post again.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                            Im currently just starting opacity at 89% and then lowering it works fine.
                            Above 89% lowering just isn't visible on screen, only in the drawing object properties window.

Comment

Hello wjadevries,

I just wanted to follow up and provide a tracking ID for this item: NTEIGHT-14687

If this is changed in a future update you can locate this change in the change log using this id.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparkyboy  
                              Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                              21 responses
                              0 likes