Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawings

1. What's the static name of "Slate Gray - Text Color"? I can't find it in guide.
    2. Is it possible to assign drawings to different data series? I wanna make it bc I trade MES on ES chart and my drawings don't save properly. When I launch NT8 next day all of them in the wrong place. The only thing that helps it's when I manually change data series (MES -> ES) in properties window. I tried like this:

Code:
    foreach (var obj in chartWindow.ActiveChartControl.ChartObjects)
    {
    var draw = obj as DrawingTool;
    if (draw != null)
    {
    if (draw.IsVisible && draw.IsUserDrawn)
    {
    draw.AttachedTo.Instrument.FullName = "ES 12-20";
    break;
    }
    }
    Property or indexer 'Instrument.FullName' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only.

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

1. What's the static name of "Slate Gray - Text Color"? I can't find it in guide.
    Are you asking about the key in the skin for the text color or are you asking how to access this color in your code?

2. Is it possible to assign drawings to different data series? I wanna make it bc I trade MES on ES chart and my drawings don't save properly. When I launch NT8 next day all of them in the wrong place. The only thing that helps it's when I manually change data series (MES -> ES) in properties window. I tried like this:
    Can you provide an example of what you are doing that's not working instead of what you tried to fix it?
    How are you currently drawing the objects and what specifically is in the wrong place? It looks like you are trying to change the instrument to the ES, is the script that drew the object on the MES or what are the specifics on the situation?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. I wanna access this color in my code (Brushes. //name)
      2. I got this bug since May 2019. Now I use latest NT8.
      So I use 2 data series. ES 2000tick, + MES daily fully transparent. Chart trader set to MES, and all my drawings are ploted on daily MES. Default setting for every line/arrow etc set to "Attatch to MES(all charts)." Everything good until I close NT8. I save the workspace, open next day and NT screws all drawings. No always but most of the time. They all on chart but some of them in the wrong spot.
      I trade MNQ too, only 1 data series and no problems at all. Drawings are fine.

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

I believe in that case it would be: ChartControl.Properties.ChartText

For the other question, are you drawing the objects from an indicator or is this in regard to manually drawing them?

Can you provide a sample that I can test of how you draw the object (if using an indicator, a sample of an indicator, if manual then a set of steps). Also could you provide the general chart configuration? I mean the order you added the data series in the dataseries window or indicator.

If we can get the specific steps to reproduce what you are seeing we can better understand the problem or report it in case its a bug.

Comment

Manually drawings using Mahtoolbar https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/ , 95% of them are simple lines.
          I forgot to mention - if I change some indicator setting it might causes same problem.
          Maybe it helps but I have more than 7000 lines, maybe it's too much lol. Those lines since April 2020, they don't even appear on chart - I always load <30 days.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you see this when you don't use the toolbar to draw and just use the standard chart options?

I forgot to mention - if I change some indicator setting it might causes same problem.
            Do you mean if you change any indicator that is applied to the chart, making the chart recalculate?

Comment

Do you see this when you don't use the toolbar to draw and just use the standard chart options?
              I actually never use standard options. I'll give a try for couple of days and let you know.

Do you mean if you change any indicator that is applied to the chart, making the chart recalculate?
              Yes. When indicator is already on chart.

Comment

So yeah it works smoothly now.

Comment

Hello Leeroy_Jenkins,

Thank you for the update. I just wanted to clarify here, are you just not able to see the problem currently or was the issue being caused by the custom indicator that drew the objects?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses