Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

find and display the opposite curly bracket in script editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find and display the opposite curly bracket in script editor

Hi all,

in other developing platform there is an option where you can place the cursor on a curly bracket, then press a certain hotkey and it jumps to the relative opposite curly bracket. In Ninjatrader8 script editor I can put the cursor to a curly bracket and it will highlight the appropriate opposite curly bracket of a block. But this is helpful only in case where the curly brackets both are visible on the screen. Let's say you have a huge { } block, it needs to scroll down or up some pages to find the opposite curly bracket.

How can I access it quickly and see where it sits? is there a hotkey in Ninjascript editor?

Hello patricia70,

Thanks for your post.

There is no hotkey or quick way to see this in the Ninjascript editor. Edit - Incorrect statement, see posts 5 & 6 for keystroke solution

You may want to right mouse click on a script to access the Ninjascript editor properties and enable the "Show indentation lines", I know this is not what you are asking for but it may be helpful.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 11-24-2020, 12:21 PM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you. It might be nice to have such a feature in ninjascript editor. Example: the hotkey % is by default used in vi editor in linux for this great aid.

Comment

Hello patricia70,

Thanks for your reply.

The Ninjascript editor is for us a purchased component and as such is not under our control to add features.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia70 View Post
          Hi all,

in other developing platform there is an option where you can place the cursor on a curly bracket, then press a certain hotkey and it jumps to the relative opposite curly bracket.

How can I access it quickly and see where it sits? is there a hotkey in Ninjascript editor?
          Great news! This feature is already built in.

Highlight your starting curly brace and press the two keys Ctrl and ] at the same time. Works for me.

"Place your cursor on the bracket you're trying to match (open or close) and press Ctrl+] (that's the Control key with a closing square bracket). Your cursor moves to the matching bracket. Pressing the key combination again takes you back to the bracket on which you started.

Hedgeplay

Comment

Hello hedgeplay,

Thanks for your post.

I appreciate the reminder of those keystrokes.

For all, here is a link to the help guide where these editor keystroke short cuts can be found: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._shortcuts.htm

Comment

hey Hedgeplay, this would be exactly what I'm asked for. Funny that you discovered this and the Ninjatrader support staff didn't know about it :-) however, it didn't work on my german keyboard so I tried all possible key and succesfully found the correct hotkey combination that works on german keyboard layouts.

The hotkey is CTRL + ´ key (this is the key left next to the backspace). I've done a screenshot that shows the two keys needed to be pressed.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	curlyBracketHotkey.png Views:	0 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	1129239

@staff: make a note in your knowledgebase

GREAT hedgeplay, thanks a bunch !!!!!!!

Edit: Also thanks to Paul for pointing to the keyboard shortcut documentation. Found some more interesting and helpful hotkeys.
              Last edited by patricia70; 11-24-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elderan