Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Identifying "Smart Money"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying "Smart Money"

I am writing to inquire on weather is it possible to identify, within ninja script, who is the originator for filled orders, weather those orders are limit orders or market orders. So for example, if I wanted to plot a histogram below my chart that would identify, a large player - like JPMorgan chase buying 100 contracts of the S&P vs 100 retail traders buying 1 lots - is that doable?

Hello jeliner,

The closest available is the market data MarketMaker id.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello jeliner,

The closest available is the market data MarketMaker id.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...heventargs.htm
      Thank you. I was already using that to change bar colors on my chart to identify when bid/ask volumes exceeds 75% of the total volume for that bar. It appears that there isnt an option to identify who is behind the volume. so if on the bar 200 in total volume traded and 150 of that volume came from one entity or if 200 of the volume came from 150 entities. I suspected that was the case.

Comment

EXCELLENT question. A follow up question is the MARKETMAKER identification an acual market maker OR is is a regular id such any user that is using the ninjatrader platform

Comment

Originally posted by ballboy11 View Post
          EXCELLENT question. A follow up question is the MARKETMAKER identification an acual market maker OR is is a regular id such any user that is using the ninjatrader platform
          I also believe that there is some limitation on what can be provided by the data feed as well.

Comment

Hello ballboy11,

This would not be NinjaTrader users, and would be general Market Makers.. This would depend on the data feed.

Open a new Level II window, right-click and select an instrument, to get an idea of what this provides.

Comment

Hello ballboy11,

This would not be NinjaTrader users, and would be general Market Makers.. This would depend on the data feed.

Open a new Level II window, right-click and select an instrument, to get an idea of what this provides.
              So to be clear, this event is not available on a chart - just a level 2 window

Comment

Hello jeliner,

NinjaTrader does not ship with a level II indicator that prints the market makers, but you can certainly create one and apply it to a chart.

Comment

Hello jeliner,

NinjaTrader does not ship with a level II indicator that prints the market makers, but you can certainly create one and apply it to a chart.

Ok I go you. So the programmer would need to make sure the user of the chart based indicator is using a data feed that provides the correct data. In this case there is no way to make it work universally for all. How would we be able to identify which data vendors would support such a thing?

Comment

Hello jeliner,

You may try contacting the data feed provider or broker and asking, or just connect and test loading the Level II window.

Kinetick, IQFeed, and Interactive Brokers I would expect to have these market maker ids. CQG/Continuum has level II but does not have the market maker ids. Further, I'm not certain if these are specific to equities or if they also apply to futures.

Comment

Are you trying to use this for a business or just your own interest?Are you trying to use this for a business or just your own interest? Institutional investors, market mavens, central banks, funds, and other financial experts use smart money to invest in the market. The power that influences and moves financial markets, often headed by central bank actions, is referred to as smart money. These are a few examples which you have to know. I am using smart money as well, in my crypto coins. I even got a emi license, which gives me a lot of privileges wherever I go.
                      Last edited by Iandian; 10-05-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post algospoke  
                      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred