Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is Order Flow Volume Profile now accessible in NinjaScript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Order Flow Volume Profile now accessible in NinjaScript?

When I first started working with Ninja, it seemed as though I could not access order flow volume profile in ninjascript, but now I seem to be able to. Is that new that this was opened up?

Hello ErikY,

The Order Flow Cumulative Delta, Order Flow Volumetric Bars, and Order Flow VWAP are able to be called from an unlocked script.
    Below are links to the help guide.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ive_delta2.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tric_bars2.htm
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...flow_vwap2.htm

The Order Flow Market Depth Map, Order Flow Trade Detector, and Order Flow Volume Profile scripts are not supported to be called from a NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. When you say not supported, do you mean it won't work, or do you mean that you guys won't support any issues we have with it?

I see I can access in code, but before I put any time into trying to make it work I want to make sure its even possible.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ErikY,

I would not be able to state if it will work or not, our official stance is don't use it as it is not documented, but we do not restrict developers unless otherwise noted in the help guide.

As a heads up, the Order Flow Volume Profile does not have any plots.

Comment

I see, so with no plots I would not be able to pull value area, VPOC, etc. from Order Flow Volume Profile through Ninjascript? Or could there be another way?

Comment

Hello ErikY,

This would not be supported to be called from NinjaScript.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to provide unsupported advice.

Comment

If anyone could help me out with this I would be greatly appreciated. I have played with other profiles and value areas that I found on the forums and I cannot get any of them to work the way the order flow volume profile does.

Comment

Bumping this to see if any advanced members can help me out with this.

Comment

Hi: NinjaTrader_ChelseaB any update on this?
                  I have a Lifetime License with OP+ and use Kinetick.

Access to the time series for VAH, VAL, POC would be really useful.
                  This is not much coding needed to expose these values as a Plots please!

Another featture is exposing the <Price, Volume> Pairs.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

This has not changed.

Below is a link to the help guide where you can find all system scripts supported for calling from NinjaScript.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development team to consider allowing the Order Flow Volume Profile from NinjaScript.
                    Once I have a tracking ID I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-3402.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                        Hello aviat72,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-3402.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                        Hi any news about this subject ? thank you for your help

Comment

Hello rht5692,

Thanks for your note.

This feature request has not yet been implemented into the NinjaTrader platform at this time.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                          • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                          • Feasibility
                          • Developer bandwidth
                          • Current projects in the queue
                          • Economics
                          You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.​
                          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any update on this? I have been working with NT8 order flow tools for some months now and they are very useful, especially the Volume profile. I have many ideas on creating my own indicators from the data this indicator provides but is quite frustrating when none of the data is available. The name of the game has been to code work arounds for simulating the data, which takes time away from my trading. I understand that the order flow package code access is limited because of the hefty price tag which I paid for. If you're taking votes to allow access to the volume profile data you can add me to that list. Anyways, Ninjatrader 8 has been great overall and the NT8 team has always given great customer service so thank you for that. Cheers!

Comment

Hello Don22Trader1,

Thanks for your notes.

This feature request has not been implemented into the NinjaTrader platform at this time.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes