Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader 8.0.23.2 64bit won't export Ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8.0.23.2 64bit won't export Ninjascript

I have a custom script and when I try to export it just shows the hourglass mouse icon and never finishes. I reloaded Ninjatrader from scratch 3 times, rebooted machine and nothing is working except an older version of NinjaTrader.

Hello jalley,

Thank you for your post.

Does the entire platform freeze when this occurs, or just the Export window?

Do you receive any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center in relation to the export?

Is the script a Strategy Builder script or one you've manually coded in the NinjaScript Editor?

It sounds like you were able to export with an earlier version - what version were you able to export using, if so?

If you can provide the .cs file for the script from your Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > Indicator or Strategy folder, depending on script type, I can certainly try to reproduce on my end to see if there may be an issue we need the development team to look into.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, the version 8.0.23.1 and earlier is working fine but the current one won't export any ninjascript without freezing on the dialog only. The rest of NinjaTrader is working even after that dialog freezes. No errors are in the log. The script is an indicator I created that works fine but I have a non-disclosure agreement. I see this same problem though with any script I'm trying to export. Should I just send you any other script then?
      Last edited by jalley; 01-08-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hello jalley,

Thank you for your reply.

Any script you're unable to export would work fine as long as it's a custom script. Also, to confirm, what language is your PC set to use? I've seen issues with exports before when the PC language was set to certain other languages.

Comment

I'm still cannot export any of my custom scripts which the previous version it worked fine for me.

Comment

Hello jalley,

Thank you for your reply.

You didn't mention the language your PC is set to, can you confirm if it is set to English or another language? If set to another language, what language?

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files to see if any errors are recorded in the log when trying to export.

You can send these by going to Help > Email Support. Please put 2911578 ATTN Kate W. in the subject line and ensure "Log and Trace" files is checked (this should be checked by default).

Comment

It's set to english. I removed it and went to the previous version and it's working ok now. There were no log errors before I removed the lastest version and went back to prior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
              4 responses
              1 like
              Last Post kcwasher  
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Stanfillirenfro