Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Labled Lines Indicator Not Showing After Ticker Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labled Lines Indicator Not Showing After Ticker Change

Hi - I am a relatively new customer, and I installed labeled line script. It works fine until I change the ticker and then they are gone.e.g., if I have labeled line in /MES, all is good, until I switch the ticket to say, /MNQ, they are gone. I switch back to /MES, still not visible. It seems to me that the property "visible" is automatically disabled when you switch tickers or shutdown NT8. How do I make the line persist across shutdowns and stick to a ticker?

Hello ganeshkhere, thanks for your post, and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

It is expected for the drawing tools to clear out after an instrument changed since the drawing tools are specific to the instrument they were drawn onto. After switching back to the original instrument the drawing tools should remain where you left them. Could you share a video of the drawing tool disappearing from the original instrument after switching back to demonstrate the issue you see on your end? I like to use TinyTake to share videoes easily (publicly available link):

TinyTake: Enhance your business with our platform for customer training, community engagement, and idea management. Streamline education, foster collaboration, and drive innovation.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris - here is a video capture as you requested. https://geekayhere.tinytake.com/tt/N...Ml8xNTg1OTcxNA

I am not sure why all my labeled lines go invisible even after I switch back to my original ticker, in this example, that would be /MES.

--update --
      I just noticed that all my drawing objects "visible" property gets unset when I restart NT or change the ticker and go back to the original ticker. How do I make all these drawing objects persistent across restarts.
      Last edited by ganeshkhere; 01-26-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Hello ganeshkhere,

We are aware of the issue and development is looking to fix it for the next version. The Visible property of the drawing object is not saved when switching instruments in the chart.

For now, please right click in the chart and select Drawing Tools-->Drawing Objects. Select the drawing object under Configured on the left. Enable the Visible setting on the right and click OK.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I see someone reported this, I'm facing the same issue. Is there an ETA for this fix?

Best Regards

Mauricio C

Comment

Hello Mauricio,

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA when the next NinjaTrader 8 version will be released.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RideMe
            by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
            0 responses