Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Creation Estimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Creation Estimate

I am curious what the going rate for Indicator and Strategy creation is?

For example, I would like an Indicator that highlights trades based on a few rules that can be variables in the Indicator. After writing this I realize it is longer than I thought, so if you don't have time or want to review this just to give me an estimate I completely understand. Any direction of where to go to ask this question would be greatly appreciated.

Variables:
    String NameOfTradeFormation = ability to name multiple versions of this indicator differently and based on different variable settings they would all highlight based on different rules
    Int NumberOfCandles = number of candles in Trade Formation (between 3 and 6)
    Bool Continuation = if this trade formation works with continuations
    Bool Reversal = if this trade formation works with reversals
    Int EMA1 = EMA value to test off of
    Int EMA2 = used to test void must be larger than EMA1
    Int EMA3 = used to test void must be larger than EMA2
    Bool EMAOrder = if the EMA must be in the correct order or not (correct order defined as EMA1 above EMA2 above EMA3 when buying & EMA3 above EMA2 above EMA1 when selling
    Bool Void = if this trade formation works when touching, otherwise don't take trades when any part of the trade formation touches EMA1, 2 or 3
    Bool EMA2Bad = if any part of the trade formation can touch the EMA2 or not
    Bool EMA3Bad = if any part of the trade formation can touch the EMA3 or not
    Int EMAdeg = degrees EMA must be greater than or less than to take the trade (greater than if continuation, less than if reversal)
    Float PercRangeEMAMin = minimum percentage of range the closest part of the current trade formation is away from the EMA1 listed above (can be negative, and go above 100%) (for example if you are 5 ticks away from EMA1 at range 10 you are 50%)
    Float PercRangeEMAMax = maximum percentage of range the closest part of the current trade formation is away from the EMA1 listed above (can be negative, and go above 100%)
    Int NumberCandlesPrior = number of candles prior to the trade that must exist prior to the trade that is higher or lower than trade dip
    Int Gaps = Number of candles prior to Trade formation that must not have Gaps (defined as you already defined in your RangeBarGap Indicator)
    Int LastPeak = ticks since last micro peak,
    Float CandlePWickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of candle previous to Trade Formation that can be wick
    Float CandlePWickMinPerc = minimum percentage of candle previous to Trade Formation that can be wick
    Float Candle1WickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the first candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float Candle1WickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the first candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float Candle2WickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the second candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float Candle2WickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the second candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float Candle3WickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the third candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 3
    Float Candle3WickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the third candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 3
    Float Candle4WickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the fourth candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 4
    Float Candle4WickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the fourth candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 4
    Float Candle5WickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the fifth candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 5
    Float Candle5WickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the fifth candle of the trade formation that can be wick - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 5
    Float CandleTWickMaxPerc = maximum percentage of the first candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float CandleTWickMinPerc = minimum percentage of the trade candle of the trade formation that can be wick
    Float CandleP1OverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle 1 and candle P have
    Float CandleP1OverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle 1 and candle P have
    Float Candle12OverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle 2 and candle 1 have
    Float Candle12OverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle 2 and candle 1 have
    Float Candle23OverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle 3 and candle 2 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 3
    Float Candle23OverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle 3 and candle 2 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 3
    Float Candle34OverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle 4 and candle 3 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 4
    Float Candle34OverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle 4 and candle 3 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 4
    Float Candle45OverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle 5 and candle 4 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 5
    Float Candle45OverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle 5 and candle 4 have - Only shows up if NumberOfCandles is above 5
    Float CandleTOverlapMax = maximum percentage overlap candle Trade and candle prior to Trade candle have
    Float CandleTOverlapMin = minimum percentage overlap candle Trade and candle prior to Trade candle have
    Bool CongestionBad = if congestion prior to Trade Formation is okay (Congestion defined as more than 3 candles with more than 80% overlap, for example, 4 full candles back and forth

Wow, after writing this down I realize why it has been hard for me to do this visually by memory

Depending on how the Indicator works I would be interested in purchasing a strategy based on this as well.

Thank you for reading this far
    Have a wonderful day!

HelloWeyldFalcon,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
    You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Thomas,
      Please feel free to remove this post if it is in the wrong place. I will search the link you provided. I have bookmarked it so you don't need to leave the post up for me to access that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes