Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Code

Hello.

How can I run an ATM from code? Example, if I want to open an operation from code, how can I make it run with an already generated ATM? Thanks

Hello gviand,

Thanks for your post.

You would need to create a strategy to connect to an ATM template.

What you want to work with is a Ninjascript strategy that uses an ATM template to accomplish your goals where the strategy will find the entry conditions and place the entry order, once filled the specified ATM will take over providing the template specified profit and stop(s). You can then manipulate these manually during the trade as you wish. Once the trade has been closed, the strategy will look for the next entry.

In your NinjaTrader is an example of this type of strategy called SampleAtmStrategy. Please review this strategy in the Ninjascript editor as the code is the best example we have of this type of hybrid strategy. The code of the strategy is well commented to help understand the requirements of use as well as how the various property and methods work. The comments advise you to create an ATM template (for the demonstration) called "AtmStrategyTemplate" and it can be created as you wish to configure it.

The sampleATMstrategy uses special methods and properties that do not access the normal strategy methods and properties, here is a link to the help guide section on these special ATM methods and properties: [URL="https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?atm_strategy_methods.htm"]https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm[/URL]

Please note:[LIST=1][*]The Strategy Builder does not support ATMs[*]Strategies that use ATM methods cannot be "backtested" in the strategy analyzer.[*]Strategies that use ATM methods can be tested with Playback using Market replay data.[*]Strategies that use ATM methods need to skip historical data processing (as shown in the example strategy).[/LIST]

I will move this thread to the NinjatTrader8 Strategy forum.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes