Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Wavetrend NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavetrend NT8

Hi Guys

im new

who has the script / indicator of WAVETREND for NT8 (last version)

Thanks

Hello ARQERNES,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post.

Are you referring to the Wave Trend Oscillator for NinjaTrader 8?

This script is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
    Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
    Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_brandonh View Post
      hello arqernes,

welcome to the forums and thank you for your post.

Are you referring to the wave trend oscillator for ninjatrader 8?

This script is publicly available on our ninjatrader ecosystem website:here is a basic guideline of how to import ninjascript add-ons in ninjatrader 8:

Note — to import ninjascripts you will need the original .zip file.

To import:
      1. download the ninjascripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. from the control center window select the menu tools > import > ninjascript add-on...
      3. select the downloaded .zip file
      4. ninjatrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
      critical - specifically for some ninjascripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @sma, @ema, etc. And ask if you want to replace, press 'no'

once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • right-click your chart > indicators... > select the indicator from the 'available' list on the left > add > ok
      here is a short video demonstration of the import process:please let me know if i can be of further assistance.

the ninjatrader ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. Ninjatrader ecosystem llc is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

thanks brandon

its working!

Comment

The Wave Trend Oscillator is missing one important feature: It cannot be used in Strategy Builder. Oddly enough, you CAN set an alert with it. Is there a way to add the code so you can select the desired parameter (WTFast) in Strategy Builder?

Comment

Hello rjsjr64,

Thanks for your note.

After downloading and importing the Wave Trend Oscillator indicator linked in my previous post, I am able to see the indicator available in the Indicators folder of the Strategy Builder when creating Conditions in the Conditions and Actions section. See the attached image demonstrating this.

To use the Wave Trend Oscillator for a condition in the Strategy Builder, open a New > Strategy Builder window, navigate to the Conditions and Actions screen, select 'add', open in Indicators folder, and locate WaveTrendV2.

If you would like to see changes made to the indicator so that you could select a specific plot, such as WTFast for example, please reach out to the developer of the indicator which could be found in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem page linked in my previous post.

Let us know if we may assist further.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I'm aware that it is in the Strategy Builder, but as I said, you cannot select a specific plot (WTFast).

I'll reaching out, but sadly that person hasn't been on here for over a year.

Comment

Hello,
              I've tried to save many times the layout after adding the wavetrend indicator to the charts but once NT8 is closed and reopened this oscillator disappears. Is this a known bug?

Comment

Hello Alex AI23,

Thanks for your post.

Are you trying adding the WaveTrendV2 indicator to a chart, saving a Chart template, and applying that template to a new chart?

If so, I was able to save the WaveTrendV2 indicator to a chart template and reuse it for other charts without issue. I was also able to open a new chart, apply the WaveTrendV2 indicator, save my Workspace, close the Workspace, and reopen it without any issue. The indicator remained on the chart when loading the workspace.

Please try applying the indicator to a chart, saving a chart template, closing down the chart, then opening a new chart, and applying the chart template. Does the indicator save and display when applying the chart template to a new chart?

See the help guide below for more information.
                Saving a Chart Template: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AChartTemplate

Also, please open a new chart, apply the indicator to a chart, save your Workspace, close your Workspace, and reopen the Workspace. Does the chart open with the indicator applied to it when you reopen the saved Workspace?

See the help guide below for more information.
                Saving a workspace: Saving a Workspace: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...vingAWorkspace

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello Brandon and thanks for the reply,
                  repeating the steps as above has solved the problem thank you!

Alex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes