Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Default HeikenAshi indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default HeikenAshi indicator

in NT8 there is a heiken Ashi indictor that gives OHLC in line form over the price action. I see this cannot be used in Strategy builder or found in the Editor. Is there another version of this that can be fused for strategies ?

Hello Teebone21,

Thanks for your post.

I think there is some confusion with NinjaTrader8 Heiken-Ashi implementation.

In NinjaTrader8 there is no default Heiken-ashi indicator. The default Heiken-Ashi in NinjaTrader8 is a bar type that is selected when you create a chart or a data series. You would access the bar properties like any bar, ie: High, Low, Close, Open. You can access these directly in the Strategy Builder when applied to a chart with Heiken-Ashi bars in use. You cannot add a secondary series of Heiken-Ashi bars to the Strategy Builder.

You can download and install a Heiken-Ashi indicator from the NT user apps section of the NinjaTrader ecosystem. This indicator redraws the underlying price bars on the chart to show the Heiken Ashi. The indicator provides 4 plots that can be used by the Strategy Builder, HAClose, HAOpen, HAHigh, and HALow. When you create conditions you would have to select Indicators>heiken-Ashi> and then select the "Value plot" to be the price type to work with. I have attached a screenshot that shows a Close > Open condition using the Heiken-ashi indicator and the selections you would need to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teebone21-1.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	1144830
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello Teebone21,

Thanks for your post.

I think there is some confusion with NinjaTrader8 Heiken-Ashi implementation.

In NinjaTrader8 there is no default Heiken-ashi indicator. The default Heiken-Ashi in NinjaTrader8 is a bar type that is selected when you create a chart or a data series. You would access the bar properties like any bar, ie: High, Low, Close, Open. You can access these directly in the Strategy Builder when applied to a chart with Heiken-Ashi bars in use. You cannot add a secondary series of Heiken-Ashi bars to the Strategy Builder.

You can download and install a Heiken-Ashi indicator from the NT user apps section of the NinjaTrader ecosystem. This indicator redraws the underlying price bars on the chart to show the Heiken Ashi. The indicator provides 4 plots that can be used by the Strategy Builder, HAClose, HAOpen, HAHigh, and HALow. When you create conditions you would have to select Indicators>heiken-Ashi> and then select the "Value plot" to be the price type to work with. I have attached a screenshot that shows a Close > Open condition using the Heiken-ashi indicator and the selections you would need to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teebone21-1.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	1144830
      Thanks for replying! i updated my platform and had a default Heikenashi that had nothing but gray lines . You are right the Heiken8 is the same !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lorem
      by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes