Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any way to plot values you get from your indicator into a table/board shown on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to plot values you get from your indicator into a table/board shown on chart

Hello

I would like to know if there is any way, maybe a "built-in" way to plot, or insert, a kind of table or board into a custom indicator, to display any kind of values you obtain in the indicator, like fixed text, numerical variable values, etc., for example to display this kind of tables in an extra panel into a chart window with the information you specify into the custom indicator, having as result something similar like the table in the panel 2 in the attached picture.

I did a quick search into the "Drawing":
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/?drawing.htm
    And what I found was text, textboxes, lines, ... but couldn't see anything similar to a table to print fixed text and variable values.

I hope there is a way to do this because I'm actually using a textbox that works fine for a simple list, but a table would be most useful to display extra information in a more organized way and make better use of the space.

Maybe is there any open source indicator that shows the code to build this?

I thank you all the information you can provide

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 Chart with custom table.PNG Views:	0 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	1144998
    Last edited by futurenow; 03-05-2021, 07:54 AM.

Hello futurenow,

Thank you for the post.

This type of drawing would need to be done using OnRender, I am not aware of anything existing for creating tables.You would need to basically just calculate the rectangle size and offset the X for each new rectangle.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...htsub=onrender

There is a sample called SampleCustomRender that comes with NinjaTrader and shows the basics of rendering text and other shapes. That system relies on x/y coordinates instead of being associated with bar/price. You can use conversion methods to convert the bar and price data to x/y.

A lot of items in the platform use OnRender like the drawing objects so there are many examples of using OnRender included. You can use visual studio to do a find all in solution for OnRender to find every example. This is a more complex topic so using existing samples in the platform is a good way to learn how the rendering works.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ttodua, Today, 03:05 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ttodua
    by ttodua

Started by TigerKiger, Today, 01:12 PM
    0 responses