Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Hint for Indicator Plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hint for Indicator Plot

Hello,

I wrote an indicator and containing 9 plots(Same as many indicators on a chart they have many line plots). After select an indicator on chart there is many plots on chart and dont understand which is this and that. When draw many lines on a chart you can double click on a line and you can see it's tag and can understand what is this line. But for plots there is no way this type action. So is there a way set hint for plot and when i move my mouse on it ninja shows that hint to me?

Also want to show the importance of problem with an attachment.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aytacasan; 03-06-2021, 08:18 AM.

Hello aytacasan,
    I believe best way is to have labels similar to Pivots indicator, you can check its code for finding how its done. Refer line 293 to 342.
    Hope it helps!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for quick response. Yes it's solve my problem absolutely. But am i like it? Absolutely not. I think you can consider add description for plot like input parameters. And show the description to the user when his/her mouser over plot. Personally don't like override OnRender method. Ninja doing most of the things automatically. I hope one day it does that too.

Thanks

Comment

Hello aytacasan,

Are you asking for a feature request for all plots to be labelled with the plot name on the chart?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Celsea,

Yes something like that. Maybe indicator needs a boolean property "Show plots hint". If yes when a user move mouse on a plot, hint will be shown. Hint can be name of plot or description of a plot or maybe need a new string property that name is "Plot hint". It make sense to me. But your development team decide that.

Regards,
          Aytac

Comment

Hello Aytac,

As a heads up, you can view the plot names in the 'Show data box' window.

I will submit your request for the development to consider. Once I have a ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Yes you can see plot names and their values on a data box. But any moment to understand which ones are supporting current price? it takes a lot of time. Please look at attachment at my first post. Anyway i'm happy to hear that you'll consider my suggestion.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Aytac,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-5216 for this request.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Thank you so much Chelsea.

Comment

I have never thought about this... but the ability to code a hoverable tool-tip would be pretty cool.

Comment

Hello forrestang,

Possible to make.

You can render a rectangle with some text when hovering over specific coordinates.
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...606#post789606
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...624#post792624

What would be difficult for community developer would be determining which plot is selected, or when plots are layered which plot has the highest z-order, and displaying the right info. The databox does this by just showing every plot on that bar and not a specific one, and avoids the issue.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-24-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post usazencort  
                      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                      5 responses