Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Missing Constructor for PathTool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Constructor for PathTool

Hello,

There is a sample in documentation about PathTool. In sample code using constructor that has 7 arguments. I want to use it in my indicator code too because want to set line with. But when i try to use that constructor i'm receving an error "No overload for method 'PathTool' takes 7 arguments". Also try to use returned object for set with. But received another error...

var pathTool = Draw.PathTool(...);
    pathTool.Stroke.Width = 3;

This a bug or this is a design error. Please fix it. But for now is there a solution for me?

Thanks,
    Aytac
    Attached Files

Hello Aytac,

This appears to be a typo in the help guide.

I'm not sure what that 40 is meant to be, and I think it was mistakenly added as opacity.

Draw.PathTool(NinjaScriptBase owner, string tag, bool isAutoScale, List<ChartAnchor> chartAnchors, Brush brush, DashStyleHelper dashStyle)

Try:
    Draw.PathTool(this, "tag1", false, anchors, Brushes.CornflowerBlue, DashStyleHelper.Solid);

I'll let our admin know to correct this mistake in the help guide.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

But i think the right think is inform your development team and ask why there is no constructor for path tool that user can define thickness for drawing tool (like other drawing tools: Line etc). Anyway could you please tell me that how can i set thickness to my path tool?

Comment

Hello Aytac,

Code:
        PathTool pathTool = Draw.PathTool(this, "tag1", false, anchors, Brushes.CornflowerBlue, DashStyleHelper.Solid);
        pathTool.OutlineStroke.Width = 5;
        I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf for the development to consider adding a OutlineStroke width parameter to the overloads if you would like.

If you just want me to ask why that was designed the way it was, I can ask, but typically development does not comment on why designs are as they are. Let me know if you still want me to ask.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

No, no need to ask and yes it will be good if you submit a feature request.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello aytacasan,

This request for 'Overload for draw pathtool that includes a width parameter' is being tracked with ID# SFT-5242.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Thanks again for your interest Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post FrancisMorro