Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving an indicator with a different name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving an indicator with a different name?

I use a drawing tool pretty frequently in multiple scenarios, but frequently change the settings. Is there an easy way I can make a copy of a drawing tool but give it a different name... just so I can create a different hotkey for two different templates rather than needing to keep switching the template for the same tool? Thanks.

Hello augustfay,

Thank you for the post.

If the drawing tool is something which you have the code for then yes you can do this.

I would suggest opening the NinjaScript editor and then expand the DrawingTools folder. If you see the item in that list it can be duplicated. The same applies to any type like Indicator if the tool is instead an indicator.

If the item exists in the list, double click it to open its code. Then Right click -> Save as and give it a new name. Depending on the item and its complexity it may require further changes, please try this and then press F5 to compile the new script. If any errors are presented please reply back here with either the error or a screenshot and we can work through duplicating that item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse, that's exactly what I was looking for... never even thought I could edit them there like indicators. I will reply back if I have any issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SightCareAubetter, Today, 12:55 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post SightCareAubetter  
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz