Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Client Sentiment on a resolution of 1 minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client Sentiment on a resolution of 1 minute

Is there a way to capture the client sentiment on a resolution of 1 min?
    I was thinking of the COT indicator, but it's updated only twice a day and I am not sure if this indicator would help me on my strategy.
    What I want to do is to compare market tendency at a certain time (i.e. client sentiment) against my own indicators to see if my indicators are working against or on the same direction as the market goes. Also to use as a potential Stop and Reverse of position.
    Is there anything I can access on the NT Script Editor to indicate that? I've been searching for this answer and so far, no luck

Thanks,
    Eddie

Hello Eddie De Meira,

Thank you for your post.

I understand that the COT indicator fetches weekly reports and that you are looking for something like this per minute.

If you have another data source where you are able to get that minute-based data, you could try to fetch it and parse it so that it could be used in an indicator.

See the OpenInterestDaily script from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share Center linked below that pulls daily open interest data. If you have a data source to get that minute-based data you are wanting, this indicator might help with some direction.

Open Interest Daily - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...nterest-daily/

Let us know if we may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot Brandon for answering my message so fast
      This seems to be, in fact, more complicated than it looks like. I've been searching online and although there are some tools developed for this purpose, I find it difficult to use for my purposes.
      I will try to call AddVolumetric() function to State.Configure and then see if I can use this as an indicator somehow.

Once again, thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes