Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator to OHLC type dispaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator to OHLC type dispaly

Hi, I have written an indicator that for each bar creates 4 values. I would like to display it similar to Order Flow Cumulative Delta. Here my main difficulty is displaying the wicks. The closest I found was AddBar() command!?; however, i am not sure if that is the right approach for an indicator. I appreciate any suggestions. Also, the one line sample code in the AddBar() was not helpful. Can you please recommend a sample indicator I can look at?

Hello Photon66,

The AddBar command is not for indicators, that would be for a BarsType so you can ignore that.

If you are trying to display something similar to the orderflow delta and how it has candle stick bars you would need to render that yourself using OnRender. You could make plots which contain the data and then use OnRender to access the plots to render custom shapes. The Pivots and ZigZag indicators use that method for their custom rendering.

In your case you would be rendering a vertical line to represent the high and low of the data for the wick and then a rectangle over it to show the other two values between the wicks.

One way to approach this would be to review the CandleStyle chart style, that also uses OnRender and most of the rendering concepts in that script from that could be re used to render the bars similar to the orderflow indicator.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse, Thank you very much for the helpful reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses
      1 view