Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Keltner Channels ATR Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keltner Channels ATR Period

Hello,

I use Keltner Channels through another charting service and I have noticed that with this service there is a field for the MA period, ATR multiplier and ATR Period. I noticed that NT8 does not have a field for the ATR Period. I have been unable to find through the help guide anything regarding the ATR period that is used by default. Can anyone supply some info here?

Thanks

Hello MisterGee,

Unfortunately there is no ATR selection for the Keltner Channel indicator that is present by default in NinjaTrader. The center line of the Keltner Channel uses an SMA that is calculated using the Typical price type [ (High + Low + Close) / 3 ]. You can view the code of the Keltner Channel indicator at Control Center-->New-->NinjaScript Editor. Double click the Indicators folder and then double click the Keltner Channel indicator.

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created add-ons from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party add-ons (Trading Indicators) that offer such functionality.
    Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find it, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer (Programmers) to create an add-on for you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DynamicTest, Today, 11:18 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by dcriador, Today, 01:43 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes