Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plotting delta values OnRender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting delta values OnRender

Hello

I am trying to learn how OnRender works. I have been reading several code examples and NT Help and it is very useful.

I have attached a simple indicator that tries to plot Delta Value above every bar. Colors, rectangles, width, etc... is ok but I am not able that Delta value get fixed at the end of bar and start from 0 in next one...

Any help about this?

Thanks a lot

Attached Files

Hi Impeesa, thanks for your post.

Your getting only the latest value for percDeltaPrimary:

percDeltaPrimary = Convert.ToInt32(barsType.Volumes[CurrentBars[1]].GetDeltaPercent());

So this value is being rendered to every visible bar on the chart. The script needs to get the Delta Percent value for each bar in the FOR loop. Since the OnRender method is not a data-driven event, you must access the Volumes array within TriggerCustomEvent(). I have another example of using TriggerCustomEvent here.

Best regards,
    ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris

Thanks for your answer. I have read almost all posts related, your example and also this one. I have tried several combinations but I am not able to get Delta value, "error on calling "onrender" method, index was outside the bounds of array...

Where do I have to call for Volumetric? OnBarUpdate? OnRender? TriggerCustomEvent?
      (if (Bars == null)
      return;
      NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.BarsTypes.VolumetricBarsTy pe barsType = BarsArray[1].BarsType as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.BarsTypes.VolumetricBarsTy pe

Would be different if I only need to plot EMA value bellow every bar, for example?

Is ther any other sample or indicator to learn about this?

Sincerely

Comment

Hi Impeesa, thanks for your reply.

I will not be able to go further in debugging, but you will use TriggerCustomEvent to set in percDeltaPrimary OnRender like so:

TriggerCustomEvent(o =>
        {
        if (Bars == null)
        return;
        NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.BarsTypes.VolumetricBarsTy pe barsType = BarsArray[1].BarsType as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.BarsTypes.VolumetricBarsTy pe;
        percDeltaPrimary = Convert.ToInt32(barsType.Volumes[index].GetDeltaPercent());
        }, null);

Best regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, Chris

First of all, thanks for your reply. I have not been able to make it works... I will look for more examples this weekend.
          If anybody knows there is a sample that plots a indicator value in every bar, please tell me.

Sincerely,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes