Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tick Data reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Data reply

Hi Folks:

I would like to implement my systems without requiring tick replay data and access the tick database. Can you please somehow shed some light to the documentation.

Thanks.

Hello waldoalvarez,

Thanks for your message.

Documentation wise, you will want to review Multi Time Framer and Instruments and also review Bars.GetBid and Bars.GetAsk. The idea would be to use these to get the bid/ask prices from the single tick data series(BarsArray[1] if the first added data series) (so we can identify buys/sells) without using Tick Replay and OnMarketData.

Multi Time Frame and Instruments - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Bars.GetBid - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/?getbid.htm

Bars.GetAsk - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/getask.htm

I have also linked a version of the BuySellVolume indicator that takes this approach so you can compare it with the original BuySellVolume indicator.

Hi, i'm trying to build my first strategy. I want to use the values of the BuySellVolume indicator, but it seems like the DataSeries from the indicator are empty. No trade entry happens with this strategy.... The code looks like this: namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies { public class DeltaRatioKursDivergenz :

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response Jim! I will be studying the sourcecodes.

Comment

Hello again Jim. Unfortunately I imported your implementation of buy/sell indicator and when I disable tick replay it doesn't shows historical data. Only realtime. Any idea?

Comment

Hello waldoalvarez,

I have attached a screenshot of the result on my end.

Are you sure you are comparing the BuySellVolume indicator with the BuySellVolumeOneTick indicator?

If you are in fact loading BuySellVolumeOneTick, please make sure you have the single tick data for that instrument. The single tick data will also need to be Bid/Ask stamped.

Please see the grid below to see if you are using a data provider that may be missing the historical tick data, or may be missing the needed bid/ask stamped tick data.

Data By Provider - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm
          Attached Files
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again for your support Jim. the one I was using to test that is missing Bid/Ask stamped. I am gonna try to see if I get some of the supported data providers.
            Last edited by waldoalvarez; 09-07-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by waldoalvarez View Post
              Thanks again for your support Jim. the one I was using to test that is missing Bid/Ask stamped. I am gonna try to see if I get some of the supported data providers.
              Hello Waldo.
              How is it going with tick dataseries?
              Did you check the differences between Volume[0] and collected volume from 1-tick dataseries?
              I'm sure you got a lot of printed differences. Especially if you build the volume based chart.

Comment

Originally posted by rare312 View Post

Hello Waldo.
                How is it going with tick dataseries?
                Did you check the differences between Volume[0] and collected volume from 1-tick dataseries?
                I'm sure you got a lot of printed differences. Especially if you build the volume based chart.
                I am recommending my users to stick with tick replay if possible as is far more accurate. I only have the feature for marketing purposes since with a decent computer (16Gb RAM) there are zero performance improvements. Sometimes the tick serie works great (identical results). Some users look for the tick serie since their computers are very limited. No idea why someone would use such computer to trade given the risk of failed operative caused by limited hardware (freeze or lag). Strongly recommend them to get good hardware. Therefore I am leaving the end user to pick what works best for them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Taddypole