Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Navigating Indicator Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating Indicator Events

I greatly appreciate the various drawing primitives you have available for indicators. Currently I test my indicator signals by scrolling back through time on the chart looking for a signal and then examine the other values being drawn. I would really appreciate a way to place a time marker that would also act as a seek point for the chart. For instance, in the indicator logic, besides the other draw commands I could PlaceTimeMarker(...) at the signal location and then in the chart gui there would be arrows and keyboard shortcuts to jump the chart forward and backward to the next time marker. This would greatly speed up my development.

Or for instance if the indicator is focused on only a specific time of day, it could place a time marker and then you could quickly jump to each day's situation.

Is there something like this available that I am missing?

Thank you.

Hello athyssen,

Thank you for the post.

At this time there is not a specific NinjaScript function which would work as described, the only item which would come to mind would be sending a key event for the arrow keys but that is the smallest step a chart can take. I will put in a feature request for a function for jumping to specific times.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
    2 responses