Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add Custom ISeries Using Input Series Selector in the Indicator Properties Dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Custom ISeries Using Input Series Selector in the Indicator Properties Dialog

Is it possible to add a custom ISeries using the Input Series selector in the Indicator Properties dialog?

I have attached two sample indicator files (Counter and CounterTest). I want to be able to add the custom ISeries in Counter using the Input Series selector in CounterTest.

I know I can hard code the Counter indicator in CounterTest, but am looking for a way to add a generic indicator custom data series.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Attached Files
    The Trading Mantis
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Hello gregschr,

It is possible to make a custom iseries input however from what you describe I am not certain I understand the goal. Are you trying to read data from Counter in Counter test? If so you would need to call that in the CounterTest code or pass it to CounterTest as an input. There is an example of an exposed series from another script here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...alues_that.htm

All indicators by default have 1 ISeries input, that's the Input property: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt8/input.htm

That can take one of the default chart series like Close or other indicators as input when you manually apply it.

If you wanted to pass Counter to CounterTest in code you need a third script which calls CounterTest(Counter.YourSeries, anyInputParams) to pass in the input.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

My goal is to pull data from Counter, or other indicators, by making a selection in the Properties Input Series selector. In the sample Counter indicator, I used a Series<int> to keep it simple, but am actually using a custom type/class to hold and pass the data.

That can take one of the default chart series like Close or other indicators as input when you manually apply it.
      I want to use the Counter Series<int> as the input, but can only select one of the default chart Series<double>'s as the Price Type for the indicator. I suspect what I want to do is not possible. If it is not, I can hard code each indicator I want to use in my indicator (CounterTest in the samples) and just have a property to select which indicator to use.

Thanks,
      Greg
      The Trading Mantis
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Comment

Hello gregschr,

From the description that basically falls into the category of using an enum for selection and then hard coding the indicators that can be used. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

I want to use the Counter Series<int> as the input, but can only select one of the default chart Series<double>'s as the Price Type for the indicator.
        If you use the Input series the script has then in the chart if you apply the indicator CounterTest and then click Set for DataSeries. You can expand the Indicators folder in the popup window to choose Counter.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes