Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not able to export an indicator that references speech assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to export an indicator that references speech assembly

I am trying to export an indicator that references System.Speech.Synthesis assembly. I get an error "Error compiling export assembly. Please check your logs". Where are the logs located?

Hello cay7man,

Thanks for your post.

You could see the error message you mentioned located in the Log tab of the Control Center. Also, Log files could be found in the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/log folder.

What does the error message report exactly in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Please send us a screenshot of the full error message so we may accurately assist.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get two errors regarding the speech assembly I'm using. However the indicator compiles successfully in NT editor and I've been using it.

cs0256:The type or namespace name "SpeechSynthesizer" could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      cs0234:Tge type or namespace name "Speech" does not exist in the namespace "System( are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Comment

Hello cay7man,

Thanks for your note.

These error messages indicate that you are not including the References to SpeechSynthesizer and System.Speech with your indicator when exporting your script.

You would need to ensure to include those References with your NinjaScript Indicator when exporting from the Tools > Export NinjaScript window.

To see the available References that could be added to the export, you could change the 'Type' drop-down menu in the Export NinjaScript window to 'References'.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TY! That worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose