Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for NT specific tutorial for using SharpDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for NT specific tutorial for using SharpDX

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around using SharpDX. I've looked at several example indicators but still don't get it.

Is there a simple tutorial on how to use SharpDX particularly as it pertains to NT? Generic tutorials aren't helping. I'm not clear on what components are necessary or optional. There seem to be a half dozen different methods that you have to set/assign/create and I just can't see the birdseye view of how they all work together.

Hello Chippy,

Thanks for your post.

We do not have any tutorials or videos demonstrating using SharpDX for custom chart rendering.

We do however have a help guide page that has detailed information about working with SharpDX for custom chart rendering.

Working with SharpDX for Custom Chart Rendering: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

We also have a sample script with documentation that comes default with NinjaTrader that you could view for examples of working with SharpDX. To view the script, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Indicators folder, and select the SampleCustomRender script.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

is there someone that actually uses SharpDX

​???

There is a couple resources but havent seen examples about how to map chart barss positions (x y) so I can plot some lines.

Regards

Mauricio C

Comment

Hello Mauricio,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, NinjaScript developers do use SharpDX and OnRender() to custom render chart objects from their custom NinjaScripts.

Please see the Using SharpDX for Custom Chart Rendering help guide documentation linked below for an overview of how to use SharpDX and OnRender().

See this help guide page for more information about OnRender(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/onrender.htm

ChartBars could be used to get a bar index value from the primary series on a chart.

ChartBars: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../chartbars.htm
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
        14 responses