Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Apply ATM strategy button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apply ATM strategy button

I am looking for a way to aplly an ATM strategy to a position without going throug the panel buttons below.

The idea is creating a button that will apply the currently selected ATM strategy without going through the tabs in the control center.

Code:
    [I]If you for example forgot to place the order with an ATM Strategy attached, you can go to the Positions Tab and apply an ATM Strategy to the position:[/I][LIST][*][I]Go to the Control Center > Positions tab[/I][*][I]Right-click on the desired Position > Apply ATM Strategy > Select the desired ATM Strategy and it will place the Targets as specified[/I][/LIST]
    Is there an indicator or a way in Ninja to do that with a hotkey?
    Is there an example on ho wto apply a strategy to a position with code?
    I see examples are on how to set normal orders but not on an ATM strategy (ehich could have autobreakeven, autotrail and so on....)

Any help or clues what to research or if Atm strategy can be pplied easily thoough code in a way I am not aware of?
    Thanks

Hello marktrading,

While it is possible to start a new entry with an Atm Strategy attached through the Addon approach, this would need to be for a new entry and not for an existing position.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...720#post820720
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see and it is helpful but that only helps partially. An approach could be deleting stop loss and take profit for the current strategy so deleting the ATM startegy and then go with normal stop and limit orders using logic?
      Isn't there a faster way to apply a stategy with code without going through the click in the account with mouse.
      In the end if the mouse does it maybe a keyboard press can do the same? It would really make order execution so much better imho..

Comment

Hello marktrading,

" An approach could be deleting stop loss and take profit for the current strategy so deleting the ATM startegy and then go with normal stop and limit orders using logic?"
        I'm not understanding. Why are you trying to apply an Atm Strategy to entry that already has an Atm Strategy applied to it?
        If there is already an Atm Strategy applied, just use it. Why attempt to cancel the stop and target.

"Isn't there a faster way to apply a stategy with code without going through the click in the account with mouse."
        Only when submitting a new entry with StartAtmStrategy(). Not for an existing position.

You can however, detect an entry has filled and submit a stop and limit order and control these.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for confusion, what I am trying to achieve is this.
          Remove a ATM strategy to a position and apply a new ATM strategy. This can be done with the mouse by clicking like in the first post from the position tab.
          I was trying a way to avoid going trough all the passages and click a button on the chart instead. That's all.
          Anyway thanks, I will research further into the resources you linked or experiment with some kind of macro..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ryjoga