Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to pull customized indicator out of indicators package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to pull customized indicator out of indicators package

Hello NT8 indicator development team

I found an indicator at ninjatraderecosystem.com

however, the issue it's in folder with list of other indicators and templates that i don't want but when import the zip file it bring them all and some replace default indicators.

deleting those indicators within zip file won't help they will be back, pulling this indicator out of the group also won't help NT8 doesn't recognize it. any solution?

Best Wishes

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for your post.

Please share the link to the indicator that you are referring to from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share so that I may investigate this matter.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon

thank you for fast response and tremendous support

Tony TChannel Indicator V2 - NinjaTrader Ecosystem

the indicator i want pull out of that group named SMMA, wish if NT8 make it default in upcoming versions

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thanks for that information.

To accomplish this, you would download the ZIP file from the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share page you linked. Once the file is downloaded, open the ZIP file > open the Indicators folder in the ZIP file> right-click on the SMMA indicator and select 'Copy'. Then, navigate to the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicators folder, right-click in the Indicators folder and select 'Paste' to paste the SMMA.cs file.

Once the SMMA.cs file is copied to the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicators folder, open NinjaTrader 8 > go to Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor. Click the compile button in the NinjaScript Editor toolbar to run a compile. If no compile errors are reported, the script has been successfully imported.

I have also exported the SMMA indicator to a ZIP file so that it could easily be imported by going to Control Center > Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn.

And, I added your vote to a feature request regarding implementing an SMMA system indicator to NinjaTrader. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5553.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 08-12-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hello Brandon

thank you so much you made my trading easy with your generous support. sure next time i will follow your tips on copy & paste. and thank you for adding my feature request.

I wish you happy weekend and best wishes
          Futureszone

Comment

I have downloaded the SMMA.zip file and it works fine. The values of the plots I see in my databox are rounded to the nearest tick. Is there a way to get the values so they are NOT rounded ?

I suspect this part of the code is responsible -

-----------------------------

public override string FormatPriceMarker(double price)
            {
            if(indicatorIsOnPricePanel)
            return Instrument.MasterInstrument.FormatPrice(Instrument .MasterInstrument.RoundToTickSize(price));

else
            return base.FormatPriceMarker(price);
            }​
            #endregion

Can I change something to remove the rounding ?

Comment

Hello DragonTamer,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, FormatPriceMarker() is used to override the default string format of a NinjaScript's price marker values and RoundToTickSize() returns a value that is rounded up to the nearest valid value evenly divisible by the instrument's tick size.

If you do not want the indicator to round the value to the nearest tick size, you could comment out or remove the section of code you mentioned which is found in the Miscellaneous region in the SMMA indicator.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.

FormatPriceMarker(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ricemarker.htm

RoundToTickSize(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ub=roundtotick

Comment

Done it - works perfectly - thank you Brandon for your help and fast response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                15 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB