Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Conversion from NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion from NT7 to NT8

Hi,

I noticed sometimes existing indicators are converted from NT7 to NT8.

Could someone convert this baby?

Indicators will only run on NT 7.0.1000.5 or later. Family of 3 indicators to display daily, weekly and monthly pivots. The package includes ‐ anaPivotZonesDailyV42 ‐ anaPivotZonesWeeklyV42 ‐ anaPivotZonesMonthlyV42 Options for the Pivot indicators: Floor pivots, pivot range, midpivots, floor pivots wide, Jackson Zones, Fibonacci pivots, Camarilla pivots, VWAP of the prior session. Chart settings: […]

Thanks!

Originally posted by Bob-Habanai View Post
    Hi,

I noticed sometimes existing indicators are converted from NT7 to NT8.

Could someone convert this baby?

Indicators will only run on NT 7.0.1000.5 or later. Family of 3 indicators to display daily, weekly and monthly pivots. The package includes ‐ anaPivotZonesDailyV42 ‐ anaPivotZonesWeeklyV42 ‐ anaPivotZonesMonthlyV42 Options for the Pivot indicators: Floor pivots, pivot range, midpivots, floor pivots wide, Jackson Zones, Fibonacci pivots, Camarilla pivots, VWAP of the prior session. Chart settings: […]

Thanks!
    Part I in a three part series, this video covers the conversion of indicators that can be accomplished within the Ninjatrader Indicator wizard. This video i...

Learn the skill yourself. You also need to be aware of any language changes

Good luck

Comment

Hello Bob-Habanai,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services in our support. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights or convert the script at your request.

Let me know if I may assist further.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Teebone,

I tried unsuccessfully to delete this post before as I found the answer online. There's a paid conversion available in two different places (futures and lizards).

That said, I actually do appreciate your post as I'm hungry to truly learn the ins and outs of programming Ninjascript for NT8.

I actually started binge watching YouTube videos on coding for Ninja after your post, so thank you for that!

Originally posted by Teebone21 View Post

Part I in a three part series, this video covers the conversion of indicators that can be accomplished within the Ninjatrader Indicator wizard. This video i...

Learn the skill yourself. You also need to be aware of any language changes

Good luck

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Do you mean because this indicator has already been programmed by someone else, you can't comment on it,
          but if I was starting from scratch you can provide support?

Just wanting to make sure I understand you correctly, thanks!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello Bob-Habanai,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services in our support. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights or convert the script at your request.

Comment

Hello Bob-Habanai,

Thanks for your note.

Since we are a small team in the Support department, we cannot convert or create custom NinjaScripts for our clients.

If you decide to convert this script yourself and have NinjaScript-specific questions as you are converting the script, we could assist with answering those specific questions.

If you decide to convert this yourself, my advice is to start by creating as much of the script as possible in NinjaTrader 8 using the Strategy Builder (or Strategy Wizard). This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy which has large changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

Then copy all code from the NinjaTrader 7 scripts OnBarUpdate to the OnBarUpdate of the NinjaTrader 8 script. This will introduce errors that will need to be resolved.

Below I am including a link to a list of the code-breaking changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
            http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The help guide will be the best way to see how things have changed from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.

When first starting to convert scripts, I myself would open the NinjaTrader 7 help guide and the NinjaTrader 8 help guide to the same sections so that I could compare. The majority of code supported by NinjaTrader is included in the help guides.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Several days after I posted this on 19th, I gave up on this indicator, but I did successfully manage to modify this indicator:
              https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

I added the additional levels I needed.
              It doesn't have a right margin so it doesn't look as nice, but I'm grateful it does the job.

I tried to delete this post because I didn't want to take away people's time,
              but I'll probably have a go at converting because your helpful advice on how to do it. I really want to learn Ninjascript well.
              Last edited by Bob-Habanai; 08-24-2022, 11:31 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rhubear
              by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
              8 responses
              1 like