Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Quarterly and Yearly Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarterly and Yearly Pivots

Hello,

I have modified Pivots.cs with an attempt to display Quarterly or Yearly pivots. I have been working on this endeavor for a while now nd I have a clean compile. Unfortunately, the Quarterly or Yearly pivot points don't display by selecting RichardPivots3PivotRange.Quarterly or RichardPivots3PivotRange.Yearly. However, the monthly and weekly pivot points still work properly.

I'd appreciate it very much any suggestions to point me in the right direction to help me find the error. I'm attaching my code as below. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your post.

I do not see anything that stands out in your code that would cause an issue. That said, I cannot say for sure without thoroughly testing the indicator with debugging prints added.

If the indicator is not working as expected, you would need to debug the indicator to determine exactly how it is processing logic and behaving.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Let us know if we may assist further.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your reply! I will debug the the logic and data, using prints, as suggested.

Richard

Comment

Hello all,

I have made some changes to RichardPivots3.cs. The code successfully compiled, but on a daily chart, it displays monthly pivots, even when I select PivotRange.Quarterly or PivotRange.Yearly. On the other hand, the code works perfectly -- it displays weekly pivots when I select PivotRange.Weekly, and monthly pivots when I select PivotRange.Monthly.

So, I suspect the problem lies in the the PivotRange.Quarterly and PivotRange.Yearly. Unfortunately, I could not find a lot of information and examples on how to access quarterly and yearly price data to calculate the pivot points.

I felt that I'm getting close to make this code work, but really appreciate if someone would provide suggestions to point me in the right direction to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Richard

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Richard0168,

Thanks for your note.

We are currently tracking interest in adding the PivotsRangeType PivotsRange.Quarterly and PivotsRange.Yearly to the Pivots indicator that comes default with NinjaTrader and I have added your vote.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5655.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

That said, this thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any luck on getting this to work OP? I have been floating around NT for years (literally) waiting for quarterly pivots so I can finally get away from eSignal.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes