Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

On each tick - and AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Transparent, 2), PlotStyle.Dot ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On each tick - and AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.Transparent, 2), PlotStyle.Dot ...

I've got an indicator that seems to plot well with a stroke on bar close, but constantly produces last or garbage values when switched to on each tick. This makes running a strategy using on each tick run turn the display into garbage.

How do I prevent this?

Hello joejoeagogo,

Thanks for your post.

Debugging prints would need to be added to the indicator to determine exactly how it is processing logic and calculating those values when running the script with Calculate.OnEachTick compared to Calculate.OnBarClose. Have you added debugging prints to see how the indicator is calculating the logic?

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates how to use prints to understand behavior.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

Prints will appear in the NinjaScript Output window (New > NinjaScript Output window).

I have created and attached a simple example script you could view that demonstrates using AddPlot() with a Stroke parameter to plot the Close[0] price on the chart. The indicator works as expected when running it with both Calculate.OnBarClose and Calculate.OnEachTick.

Let me know if I may assist further.​
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post poeds
    by poeds