Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Volumetric Bars Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Volumetric Bars Type

Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether 1. it can be done, 2. how to do it.

I'd like to create my own bar type very similar to Volumetric Bars (where you can see the bid and ask trades in number format).

My own custom bar type will have n number of columns and the rows will be same as vol bar type (as price).

Is this possible?

I've added a very bad sketch of what I mean and compared it to Volumetric Bars.

So basically a custom Volumetric Bar Type.

Thanks,

Tarik
    Attached Files

My use case for this is:

I have multiple values that I want to display on the chart at a certain time and certain price (x, y coordinate) but all the values are being drawn on top of each other and I'd obviously like to see them side by side or any other way without them being crowded on top of each other.

If anyone can suggest a good way to do this, that'd be amazing.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello Tarik,

Likely, you could create this custom bar type.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any open source bar type scripts that I could point you toward that has similar functionality.

However, with the ChartStyle script, you can custom render just about anything you would like for a custom bar type.

Have a look at the existing open source chart style scripts in NinjaTrader, which may give you some ideas.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea,

Thanks for that, I'll give the ChartStyle stuff a go and then I shall see about hiring a consultant.

Thanks very much,

Tarik

Comment

Yeah okay yes just had a look and it'll take me a while to figure a custom chart style out for what I want so if you'd b so kind and set up a follow up with the team that'd be great haha!

Comment

Hello tarikmedjber,

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses