Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 Conversion -- pop up window in WPF, how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this code would be executed when there was some event, such as a button click, or another event triggered, like as a custom coded event, for exampe a market analyzer that scans a database of news events and when a news event is approaching, alarm with a pop up

I can't give you specific examples because for me it is part of a complex framework and the context would not make sense (except to me)

in general

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to invoke it...

using PopUpWindow;

then to invoke the popup....

Application.Current.Dispatcher.Invoke((Action)dele gate{PopUp();

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the PopUp is in the AddOnFolder, with these as the base

​​
    namespace PopUpWindow
    {
    public class PopUpWindows_Class
    {
    public partial class PopUp : Window
    {​​

public PopUp()
    {
    InitializeComponent();
    }

In InitializeComponent you construct the Window Layout with Code, like shown in the prior post

as you are constructing the Windows you probably would like an ESC to close then window...then

this.PreviewKeyDown += new KeyEventHandler(Form_KeyDown);

private void Form_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.Key == Key.Escape)
    Close();
    }​

Comment

this code would be executed when there was some event, such as a button click, or another event triggered, like as a custom coded event, for exampe a market analyzer that scans a database of news events and when a news event is approaching, alarm with a pop up

I can't give you specific examples because for me it is part of a complex framework and the context would not make sense (except to me)

in general

to invoke it...

using PopUpWindow;

​​
      namespace PopUpWindow
      {
      {
      {​​

public PopUp()
      {
      InitializeComponent();
      }

In InitializeComponent you construct the Window Layout with Code, like shown in the prior post

as you are constructing the Windows you probably would like an ESC to close then window...then

{
      if (e.Key == Key.Escape)
      Close();
      }​

Comment

Originally posted by llanqui View Post

in general

to invoke it...

using PopUpWindow;

This is my understanding ---> So, the invokation above will be in an Indicator (for example and in my case)

And the codes below shall be in the AddOn Folder as you indicated above.

I want to implement this in an Indicator. I'll let you know how I'm progressing.​

​​
        namespace PopUpWindow
        {
        {
        {​​

public PopUp()
        {
        InitializeComponent();
        }

{
        if (e.Key == Key.Escape)
        Close();
        }​
        Thanks once again.

omololu
        Last edited by omololu; 12-15-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

well, the pop up itself is not an indicator...it is a WPF Window that is in the AddOn folder....

the invocation is in the indicator

Comment

Originally posted by llanqui View Post
            well, the pop up itself is not an indicator...it is a WPF Window that is in the AddOn folder....

the invocation is in the indicator
            Yes, I understand.

omololu

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED