Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw line for stop loss and take profit from entry price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw line for stop loss and take profit from entry price

Hi, I want to draw two ray lines for a stop loss and a take profit on my chart, for visual reference and review later, this will be at a fixed value like 50points for tp and 30 points for sl, I want to draw a line on my entry price and that automatically draw these 2 lines, like a ruler. Here's an example of what i want. I tried looking the code for the drawing but can't figure out how to do it

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	561
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	1229116

Hello, thanks for writing in. We have this example that shows how to monitori Stop Loss and Profit Target orders:

All this does is hold information about the orders, then prints their information to the output windows. You can modify this to draw line levels at the filled price in OnOrderUpdate instead.

Kind regards,

-ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you chris for the reply but is not what im looking for since most of the time im using a mental stop loss, when my order is filled i manually draw these 2 lines and need to expedite this, sometimes while im drawing these lines the price is already on one of these levels

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. There is already a Risk/Reward drawing tool in the platform under right click>Drawing tools list. There is also this advanced risk reward indicator:

This is a port of the NinjaTrader 7 AdvancedRiskReward.v3 indicator. This indicator helps you define your entry, stop and target (1 or 3) visually on the chart with the help of horizontal lines, calculates your potential P/L ,unrealized P/L,Risk/Reward ratio and contracts sizing per account size. Once started click on the chart 3 times there […]

Kind regards,

-ChrisL​

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes