Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Single bar high/low (range bars). NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single bar high/low (range bars). NT8?

Hello,
    I would like to see the high/low of a single candle/bar. It doesn't look like there is a solution without having one programmed. Does NT8 have this feature?

Thanks for your time,
    Brian

Hello Brian,

Can you please clarify how you like to see the high/low in the chart. If you click and hold your middle mouse button (scroll wheel) on a price bar, the mini data box appears which includes the High and Low of the price bar.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

is it possible to see the high and the low of the previous bar on the dom??

thank you

Comment

Hello xamer,

Thank you for your post. In NinjaTrader 7, it is not possible to add indicators to the SuperDOM.

However, this is a feature in NinjaTrader 8. I just checked and while there isn't a prior bar OHLC (open, high, low, close) indicator, there is a "Prior day OHLC" indicator which would allow you to plot the prior day's open, high, low and close price on your SuperDOM in NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Comment

Yes thank you, i am aware of this and i am asking whether u can help me with the function that allows me to plot the high and the low of the previous bar on the superdom NT8

Comment

Hello xamer,

Thank you for your reply post. Since you wrote in the NinjaTrader 7 forum, I assumed your question was pertaining to NinjaTrader 7.

Although this PreviousBarHighLow indicator is technically not included with NinjaTrader 8, I have created one for you, and I've attached it to this post.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:

Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.

From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on

Select the downloaded .zip file

NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
            Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
            Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Additionally, please ensure to set this indicator to "Calculate on each tick" when it is loaded into a SuperDOM window.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
            Attached Files

Comment

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC it works like magic, i greatly appreciate it.

Thank You Micah

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
                Hello xamer,

Thank you for your reply post. Since you wrote in the NinjaTrader 7 forum, I assumed your question was pertaining to NinjaTrader 7.

Although this PreviousBarHighLow indicator is technically not included with NinjaTrader 8, I have created one for you, and I've attached it to this post.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:

Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.

From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on

Select the downloaded .zip file

NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
                Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
                Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Additionally, please ensure to set this indicator to "Calculate on each tick" when it is loaded into a SuperDOM window.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
                Thank you for the attached indicator! I have been looking for this forever~~~~

Is it possible to add midline of previous candle and move the lines to the right as attached photo?
                Adding price value next to the line will be A PLUS!!!

Nicki
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Nicki,

You can call Median[1] to get the mid point of the previous bar.

But for those lines on the right, you would need to custom render.

Simple script that adds a background watermark of the instrument symbol (and expiry if a future) to the chart. (Updated July 10th, 2018 ‐ The opacity needed to be casted as a double and divided by 100 to be between 0 and 1) (Update: August 24th, 2021 – Subtracted the ChartPanel.Y so indicator can be […]
                  Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea. I was also interested in using this indicator to see the previous bar midline, but I know nothing about coding....How exactly do I write this into the script without messing up the original code?
                    Thank you.

Comment

Hello JMHOLMAN,

If you wanted to maintain the existing lines you would have to add a new plot and then set the plot to the median value.

You can read about adding plots in the following link:

After adding a third plot the code for plotting the result would look like the following:

Code:
                      Values[0][0] = High[1];
                      Values[1][0] = Low[1];​
                      Values[2][0] = Median[1];
                      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes