Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing DrawOnPricePanel property unreliable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing DrawOnPricePanel property unreliable

Hi,
    I'm converting the popular D3Spotter to NT8. This indicator draws objects on the price panel and in its own pane.
    This is unreliable. First load works perfectly. Then subsequent pressing of F5 key produces random results. Pictures are attached.
    Difference between Capture and Capture2 is obvious. Capture3 has a green triangle that has changed from price panel to separate panel.

Text objects are always drawn on the price panel, and the DrawOnPricePanel is set to true at the start of each OnBarUpdate().
    Dots, lines and triangles are drawn using the signature that includes the DrawOnPricePanel property, and some are set true and some are set false (hardwired in code, not a variable).

Cheers,
    saltminer.
    Attached Files

Hello, i recall on working with this in N7 and checking with Ninja that it 'worked' in N7 but was unsupported and then on asking about this feature in N8 - i was told this would not be supported and not be reliable. However of course i will let Ninja support confirm this.

Comment

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your post.

We can review the code if you would like. Please attach the file to this thread or send it over to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread as reference in the body of the email.

You can export the indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export. The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Export NinjaScript.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
      Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DayTradingDEMON