Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Modifications to chart WPF elements and tab considerations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Unsuitable,

It would be possible.

You would need to remove the code of event handlers assigned to the buttons, the buttons, the code that adds / removes the grid column and the code that sets the column of the leftInnerGrid, as well as the leftInnerGrid.

When you say it's breaking, do you mean you are getting errors?

What are the errors?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I'd remove the parts containing the left grid code and the chart goes black. Then when keeping that code in but removing select parts, each refresh of the indicators increases the left side margin indefinitely. It's quite frustrating.
      Unsuitable
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Comment

Hello Unsuitable,

The grid columns are changed on lines 326 - 344, 378 - 379, and 391 - 392.

Have you also removed this code that changes the columns?

Comment

Here's the file I'm currently working on. Line 299 sort of fixes the problem but a lot of the left tool bar code remains.

ColorToolbar.zip
          Unsuitable

Comment

Hello Unsuitable,

In your script the code for changing the columns is still there on lines 299 - 306, and 313.

Comment

Doing so messes with the top toolbar by moving it down halfway down the chart.

Unsuitable

Comment

Hello Unsuitable,

Are you modifying the rows as well, or just the columns?

The exact code you have posted in post #110 is causing that behavior?

Comment

Honestly, I've been going back and forth trying to fix it that I'm not too sure what was left in and what wasn't when #112 occurred. Getting tired of going back and forth with the code, I have to create a new chart every time as the bugs can be permanent to that chart. Is there any resource you could point me to that only has to top toolbar? I tried googling it but no luck on the proper tutorials.
                  Unsuitable

Comment

Hello Unsuitable,

I had inquiries where developers have used this example and just used the top toolbar and removed all of the grid column changing code, but I'm not sure if their scripts were publicly posted or what the name would be.

These indicators were meant to be a learning tools to learn how to manipulate grids so that developers can understand how changing WPF grids works and develop their own custom logic for their scripts, than meant to be something that is copied and pasted into another script.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to share a script with only a toolbar at the top.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Yes, I would like that. I've made a toolbar using the toolstrip for NT7 in past and I'm trying to port it over. Thought it would be simple, but I guess not. All I really need is a top toolbar with one button. The rest of the functionality I can figure out on my own.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-17_12-55-57.gif
Views:	696
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	1118672
                      Unsuitable

Comment

Hi Unsuitable,
                        Are you just looking for functional buttons on the edge of the chart screen? Please see attached chart screen.
                        If so, I could provide you with related codes, which are all from Ninjatrader samples.

Chart_buttons_lq.pdf

Comment

Hello,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Chelsea. Chelsea wanted me to provide you with information about third-party NinjaScript programming consultants.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Chelsea

I have used your code Custome Chart trading buttons ( thank you) - I am trying to add a row(column?) to add another couple of buttons but I am failing.
                            As I see it I need to add another grid,

Code:
                                 lowerButtonsGrid = new System.Windows.Controls.Grid();
                            System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumnSpan(lowerButtonsGrid, 4);
                            lowerButtonsGrid1.ColumnDefinitions.Add(new System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition());
                            lowerButtonsGrid1.ColumnDefinitions.Add(new System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition() { Width = new GridLength((double)Application.Current.FindResourc e("MarginBase")) });
                            lowerButtonsGrid1.ColumnDefinitions.Add(new System.Windows.Controls.ColumnDefinition()););
                            so I am unsure of the number at the end here ( the number 4) - what does it refer to?

then I add it as a new row?

Code:
                             addedRow3 = new System.Windows.Controls.RowDefinition() { Height = new GridLength(31) };
                            then I just increase the array of buttons by 2 ( simple)
                            but then comes the bit I am definitely not understanding

Code:
                             System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumn(buttonsArray[4], 0);
                            System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumn(buttonsArray[5], 2);
                            add a new row to the existing buttons grid?

Code:
                             chartTraderButtonsGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(addedRow 3);
                            What I get is 4 buttons - it misses out or doesn't produce buttonsArray{0] and [1].

Any pointers much appreciated.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

You can add a row to the lowerButtonsGrid. That grid already exists.
                              You can add the buttons to the lowerButtonsGrid.

The added buttons can be set to the second row of the lowerButtonsGrid with System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetRow() using the lowerButtonsGrid.

Comment

Ok I can move buttons up and down the lower grid now using
                                [CODE] chartTraderGrid.RowDefinitions.Add(addedRow3);
                                System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetRow(lowerButtonsGr id, (chartTraderGrid.RowDefinitions.Count +1));
                                chartTraderGrid.Children.Add(lowerButtonsGrid);/[CODE]

but I still only get 4 buttons. I read this as adding 2 buttons to the top grid and 4 buttons to the lower grid - is this correct or what am i getting wrong

Code:
                                for (int i = 0; i < 2; ++i)
                                upperButtonsGrid.Children.Add(buttonsArray[i]);
                                for (int i = 2; i < 6; ++i)
                                lowerButtonsGrid.Children.Add(buttonsArray[i]);
                                This line I dont' understand and maybe that's where my issue is

Code:
                                System.Windows.Controls.Grid.SetColumn(buttonsArra y[4], 0);??
                                Last edited by Mindset; 09-23-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post yertle
                                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bmartz
                                by bmartz

Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post funk10101  
                                Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Working...
                                X