Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scrolling a chart programatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling a chart programatically

Hi guys,

Is there an NT function to make a chart scroll one bar to the right (in essence, doing in code what the right arrow key does)? And functionality to return the timestamp of the last bar actually visible within the chart?

My aim is to synchronize charts showing different timeframes for the same market. I'm aware of global cursor but this doesn't fulfil my needs as I only want the right-hand edge of the charts to be synchronized (i.e. the last bar on each chart all show the same timestamp but allowing for the fact that the bar interval on a given chart may not have been 'completed' yet.)

thanks

Hello trader_rick,

Thanks for opening the thread. I am not aware of a direct way to have a NinjaScript move the chart over by one bar.

You could look into creating your own key presses using pure C# to create the behavior you are looking for. Utilizing C# programming that is outside of our documentation escapes what we can offer support for, but using it is certainly possible.

Here is an MSDN question I have found that may point you in the right direction: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...ress?forum=wpf

Please let me know if I may be of further help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, thanks Jim.

Comment

Hello Jim,
        did you find out how to scroll chart programatically? I need also to scroll chart to specific bar and also need to scroll other charts in actual workspace.
        Thanks for any advice

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

I did not find a way to do this through supported/unsupported means. We do have a feature request tracking interest behind being able to scroll a chart programmatically and go to a specific bar/timestamp. The ticket ID for this request is SFT-2331. I have added votes for you and trader_rick.

As with other feature requests, we can't offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment, but we are tracking interest. Implemented features will have the number for the ticket listed in the Release Notes page of the help guide.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Comment

Any news? (btw, when we ask, this means we are interested too, like a voting)

Comment

Hello TazoTodua,

I do not have any additional news for this item. If this item gets considered for implementation, the ID number will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

I've added a vote on your behalf.

Comment

Hello Jim,

Add my voice also for this ticked ID SFT-2331

Because It very needs for my Volume Profile indicator for NT8. I need have a possibility to shift chart programatically on 1 bar left or 1 bar right. It depends on what side the Volume Profile moved.
                Handlar
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Handlar

Comment

Hello handlar,

Thanks, I've added your vote for supported NinjaScript methods to do this.

We have gotten a few other inquiries on this ability, and I would like to share that you could accomplish your goal by focusing on a ChartPanel and simulating keyboard button presses. I've attached an example that can demonstrate.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I too would like to programatically skip to a DateTime on the chart

(Feature # 13367 - Added Go to... ability to chart scroll-bar right click menu) and is available so users can manually enter a date and time but I need this functionality to be automated.

I plan to have some key events marked on the chart and want the user to have the ability to skip to the datetime when pressing a button.

I have figured out sending keystrokes but this is quite clunky (if scrolling one page at a time), slow (if scrolling one bar at a time) and I need to put the desired bar with the correct datetime at the rightmost of the chart.

Since this functionality has been added to the NT8 chart scrollbar already then is it simple enough to expose the C# function that has a datetime parameter in it? I have looked for hours and cannot find an appropriate function anywhere.

This would really help.

Comment

Hello MBScalper,

Thanks for your post.

While a Chart Go To feature has been implemented, an exposed NinjaScript method is currently unavailable. We are tracking interest behind this item in the Feature Request ticket ID SFT-2331. I have added a vote on your behalf.

We cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment, but we are tracking interest and the ticket ID number will be noted in the help guide when a new build gets released with the feature implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Comment

+1 vote on ID SFT-2331

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Bidder, your vote has been added.

Comment

Hello,

I've been following the discussion on the ability to pogrammatically scroll a chart to a desired date/time using NinjaScript, and I wanted to express my keen interest in this feature as well.
                            Please count my vote in support of further exploration and eventual implementation of this feature.​

Thank you very much!

Comment

Hello martenorlich,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will add your vote to this feature request.
                              Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LawrenHom  
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes