Reset the Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset the Simulator

Is there any way to prevent the Simulated feed starting in the state in the attached screenshot? Or to reset it in some way?

I need to test long and short orders so it would be great if it started in the middle rather than extremes.
    Attached Files

Hello reach4thelasers,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can control the price level that will be used when the simulated data feed is connected. To do this, go to Tools > Instruments > Search EURAUD > Select by double clicking and change the "Sim feed start price" > Press OK.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Manually entering prices is a bit of a pain, but better than nothing - thanks for the speedy response.

One more question on the Sim feed. The spread for forex seems to be Fixed at one tenth of a pip. Is there any way to make this a more realistic value?

Neither FXCM nor Forex.com have spreads that low; and its impossible for me to evaluate whether my ordering system is adding the spread correctly as the difference is so Tiny.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately no, there is not a method to control the spread of the Simulated data feed.

Comment

OK - could you please raise with the development team that the Spread on the simulator is not realistic for FOREX.... it should really be 20x greater than what its set at currently. As you will see from the attached link, the spreads are typically around 2.0. Ninjatrader's Simulator is set to 0.1. This is a problem because the sim feed is great for testing orders & fills so it should be realistic to help test long and short orders, which need to be submitted at the ask and bid respectively.

Comment

I will certainly forward your note along for future feature consideration.

Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses