performance slows to a halt after running for hours or overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

performance slows to a halt after running for hours or overnight

I have grown to like NT8 over the last few months of using it, however there is an issue that encourages me to return to NT7.
    After running NT8 for several hours or overnight, I've noticed a consistent lag in response to making any changes to an indicator to the degree the chart/program locks-up for 10-20 minutes or more while processing the change.
    I'm running a fast PC, no 3rd party firewall and my connection is a cable broadband. I am using tick replay on most of my 8 charts. I don't connect to a data source until after the program starts and charts fill-in, otherwise the charts don't fill-in correctly if I connect automatically. Once I do connect to a data source my charts load reasonably quickly.
    It's unlikely I'm the only user with this issue so is this a known issue with NT8 and if so what is the solution?

There are no inherent issues with leaving the platform running for several hours/overnight.

There are a lot of variables in the information you've provided which will need to be clarified to find a solution for you. It would be best for you to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and include your diagnostic files so we can investigate in detail.

In the body of your message, please include a link to this forum thread, a brief description of what you're experiencing, and also '1740992 ATTN Patrick G'

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo
    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes